WD57831, "bloom" around bright images

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
peaton
Contributor
Contributor

WD57831, "bloom" around bright images

Postby peaton » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:58 pm

A local service tech told me that using brighter lamps can cause the bloom effect around bright objects on a dark background that I am seeing. The last bulb I put in was a Phillips bulb. Everything looked good at first but the bloom began to appear and got progressively worse.

Watching the text at the beginning of Star Wars looks terrible!

Any ideas?

moose916
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: WD57831, "bloom" around bright images

Postby moose916 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:32 pm

so do u think its possible to post some pictures of the issue and try calling mitsubishi parts department for a replacement bulb i dont know the difference in price but ur best bet is to replace with mistsu parts over phillips

moose916
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby moose916 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 pm

with your TV shut off for a while like say its off overnight for example the next morning push the input and menu buttons on the tv and the light should blink near the power button and read you a code number for example 52 on the light would blink five times pause for a second or so and then blink twice. 12 blink once pause then blink twice.....

if it does read twelve then it is not an electrical issue but if it reads anything other than twelve then u got a problem, which u will have to call a tech to give them the code but try getting mitsu parts cant go wrong i've learned when trying to cut corners sometimes u end up spending more if you have any ???? send me a message thanks hopefully my advice helps in your situation :roll: :?

peaton
Contributor
Contributor

Postby peaton » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 pm

I have a new bulb on it's way in now. When I replace it, I will let you know if that fixed the problem.

peaton
Contributor
Contributor

Postby peaton » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:17 am

Okay, I put in the new bulb and it still looks the same. I took the following photo with my phone. It actually looks much worse in the picture than in person.

Now someone else tells me that if the color wheel is running too slow it will cause this.

Any Clues?
Attachments
Image Bloom.jpg
The bright spot in the middle is the flash, and again, it looks MUCH worse in the photo than in person. If it were really this bad I would have trashed the set log ago!
Image Bloom.jpg (58.78 KiB) Viewed 9576 times

DaveGinSD
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DaveGinSD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:36 pm

I read on another forum about a similar sounding issue with Mitsu DLP sets. It's caused by a fog, or film build up on some internal components inside the light engine, I can't remember if it was a lens or internal mirror, but numerous owners had and solved this issue with a tear down inspection and careful cleaning. If I recall correctly most we're around the aperture that opens and closes depending upon scene brightness, lubricant from the aperture was landing on a mirror or lens. Hope this helps you out.

DaveGinSD
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DaveGinSD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Here's a link to another forum (not sure of the rules reguarding this, mods) I found of a possible solution to your problem. It is a detailed explaination of the solution to this issue. If we're not allowed to post links to other sites PM me and I'll get you there. good luck.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”