WD-57733

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
weaverbeaver81

WD-57733

Postby weaverbeaver81 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi, looking for some help with my projection tv. The display has all of a sudden started showing little white and black specs all over display. When i hold down the input and menu button it gives me a trouble code but i am not sure how to translate it. It flashes once then pauses and then flashes twice and keeps repeating this in the same order. I have been told it is probably the dlp chip. Any ideas? thanks.

olliesshop
Contributor
Contributor

Re: WD-57733

Postby olliesshop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:55 am

I've inherited a non-working WD-57733 DLP TV with the lamp housing missing. I'm wondering if you all think it would be worth a try to fix it by buying a new lamp assembly? I could end up with a TV for about $~100 or maybe it's the board ($~200). I don't have any idea what's wrong with it, except I know the lamp's missing, from the picture below ... so it could be anything. I have no idea what made it go bad, since it was non-functional when my Brother got it, when he bought his house. It was just there for show.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with it? Should I even try to fix it or should I just scrap it? Where would be the best place to buy the parts?

I would really value your opinion.

Thank you very much !!!

Tim

olliesshop
Contributor
Contributor

Postby olliesshop » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:18 pm

I ended up buying a lamp assembly for $53, which will arrive on Tuesday 12/7, which I hope will work. It's also missing the outer cover, which I am going to fabricate, which pushes in the blue switch, which you can see from the above picture. That blue switch needs to be pushed in for the lamp and fans to work, based on my diagnosis. When I pushed the switch in (without the lamp) I was able to get the yellow blinking "Lamp" led (on the front of the TV) to stop and the green Power led light came on. Also, the lamp cooling fans turned on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's nothing else major wrong, since then I would have a 4.5 year old 57" TV for $60 with shipping. We'll see.

olliesshop
Contributor
Contributor

Postby olliesshop » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Well the Lamp Cover I fabricated, out of 1/8" aluminum sheet, worked (to depress the blue switch). The green Power light stays on, the yellow lamp light is off and the lamp cooling fans go on. The lamp should show up in 3 days and then we'll see if that was the problem or not. I sure hope it works !!! :D

olliesshop
Contributor
Contributor

Postby olliesshop » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Well, I got the lamp today and got the TV to work wonderfully, great picture (except for small white dots all over the screen), get sound, bright, etc. This is a video of what it looks like ...

What causes the white dots? I've heard it can be anything from a new DMB board to a who new "light engine" (which would mean I probably trash the TV, because of the cost.

I'm going to do some searching on the site also, to see if I can find out.

Thanks ... and all the best to everyone !!!

Tim :?:

olliesshop
Contributor
Contributor

Postby olliesshop » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:51 pm

I just got the TV back from the repair shop. They replaced the DLP chip, which fixed the white galaxy of dots all over the screen. They also replaced the "Color Wheel" which was in the process of seizing. That cost a total of $400 plus $60 for the lamp and that's a pretty inexpensive 55" TV !!! Now I just need to find a Owner's Manual and a remote control, which hopefully won't take that much time web-searching.

It looked great in the store and when I first got it home, but now I got the inputs all messed up ... so still a lot of figuring out to do.

All the best to everyone and Merry Christmas !!! :D

olliesshop
Contributor
Contributor

Postby olliesshop » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:41 pm

BTW ... here's a video of it working. The color is off and some other parameters, but I'll get those adjusted later, once I have it in place (once the Basement is done) ...

All the best to everyone !!! :D

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”