Optical Engine on WD-60735

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
issues9969

Optical Engine on WD-60735

Postby issues9969 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 pm

We purchased our DLP WD-60735 last year in February. The lamp went out about two weeks ago, so we purchased a new lamp. When recieving the lamp we put it in, the tv turned on but there was no picuture just the volume. We called for service where we purchase the TV, a tech came today and told us that the reason for the picture not working was because of the Optical Engine is broken. The tech said it would be $1000 to have this part replaced, he advised us to just purchase a new tv. Is this true? Does it cost this much to purchase an Optical Engine? Where can I even purchase one? I called Mistubishi and they said the Optical Engine is only cover under the extended warrenty if we have a tv that is 70 inches or bigger? They said they could help us with fixing the tv but to send them our information. Serial #, date of purchase, receipt and tv order form of the technicion. She did not give me a price of how much it would even cost to order this part. What are your thoughts on this?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Optical Engine on WD-60735

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Hello issues9969.
First of all, have you tried to reset the lamp timer? Here’s a link to the instructions.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1348
before you buy anything try it, you never know.
$1000 !!! what?! That’s crazy, I did a quick search on D-M.com and found they run from $279 to $329, http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... t%20engine
, so I assume that the rest of the money he’s charging for labor.
In all honestly I think the technician is just trying to milk your wallet. There are only 4 reasons that a TV can’t power up. 1.- Bad Power supply board (Dead TV, including the indicator light at the front) 2.- Bad lamp 3.- Bad Ballast (makes 2 or more clicking sound at start up) 4.- bad color wheel (normally its shattered or wont spin correctly).
If you do plan on repair your TV first try calling again Mitsubishi, try at least six times. Try speaking with different operators; tell them that you recently purchased the TV.
Hopes this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

issues9969

Postby issues9969 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Mitsubishi said to send them the receipt when we purchase, the orders when the tech came and the serial number of the tv, to see what they could do for us since the tv is fairly new. They would not give me any other information until we do this. Thanks for your help!
I am going to try and reset the lamp tonight to see if it could be that. Like you said, "you never know."

I should also mention, the status light at the front of the tv is red and on. What could that mean? No where in the manual does it say anything about that light.

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:17 pm

HI
So basically you replaced the lamp and you have audio but no video, for my experience i recommend you to check if this is the correct lamp or the OEM, the thing is that with mitsubishi i have seen this kind of issues with a compatible lamp or not the right lamp. Hope this info. can help you :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”