reset lamp hours mitsubishi WD 73831

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Bobbel

reset lamp hours mitsubishi WD 73831

Postby Bobbel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:59 pm

I have replaced my lamp. My Mitsubishi WD 73831 keeps turning off after running about 10 minutes. I would like to get instructions on how to reset the lamp counter back to zero.
Thank you for your time.
Ryan June

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: reset lamp hours mitsubishi WD 73831

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:11 pm

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE this could help you.....

Im not 100% sure about it....

Ok....what i know is that when you replace your lamp it will automatically reset the lamp counter.
Once you turn on your TV, it should be giving you a messege on the screen.

Or

I think that you can do it manually, in the sections where you have your LEDS for your TV, in the front of TV, you are going to have a like a little hole. Thats the reset button, with your TV connected to the wall jack and of course TURNED OFF...press the reset button like for around 15 seconds....15 REAL SECONDS... then....keep your TV off like for 2 min...and try to turn it ON.

If that doesn't HELP it could be the ballast ._____. i think :D
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

Rivers85
Contributor
Contributor

Re: reset lamp hours mitsubishi WD 73831

Postby Rivers85 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Try doing a system reset in your TV, according to the owners manual:

If the TV does not respond to the remote control, front panel controls, or will not power on/off, press the SYSTEM RESET button on the front panel with a pointed object, such as the point of a pencil or end tip of a paperclip. The green LED will flash quickly for about one minute. When the green LED stops flashing, you may turn on the TV. The changes you made most recently, before using SYSTEM RESET, may be lost.

The system reset will reset your lamp timer and it also troubleshoots the TV, this should help out.

In this link you can download the service manual for your TV:

Note: The service manual also has a troubleshooting procedure, check the lamp indicator pages

If your TV still doesn't work correctly, then try this troubleshooting links:

To learn more about the lamp click:

To Learn more on the DLP TV click:

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”