Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bluesax
Contributor
Contributor

WD-57833 help needed

Postby bluesax » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi all,

Brand new to the site and have some questions about my Mitsubishi WD-57833. Bought this tv about a year ago for $1. No remote and it wasn't turning on. I purchased a lamp from ebay ($38) and there was a picture but with white dots everywhere. So I replaced the chip (never did anything like this before but the internet is wonderful). The picture was amazing. But, in the last few months, the picture seems (to me) to be getting 'darker,' the set takes almost a minute to 'come on' and there's 3-4" dark horizontal 'shadow' across the top of the screen image. I've reset the set, tried to brighten it through the menu but nothing helps. So, I'm stumped. Could it be the ballast? Would it be wise to replace the lamp again (the first one probably wasn't Phillips or OSAM)? I've read about the color wheel and other components but really don't want to go in there not knowing what to look for. Not sure what to do next. Thanks for any ideas.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: WD-57833 help needed

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Hello Bluesax,

Wow, I take it this was a Craigslist treasure find? its a really nice TV to get up and running for only a couple of hundred.

The white dots was obviously cause and solved by the DMD chip, congratulations! There are tons of information, guides, blogs and trouble shooting wizards on this webpage too! In my opinion, you are correct, my first step would be to purchase an OEM lamp from a trusted re-seller, at $38 dollars your last purchase was probably a generic lamp..

For your TV Mitsubishi WD-57833 you want an OEM model 915P061010 Lamp Replacement (also known as a 915P061A10 model number). I personally recommend going with a Philips bulb, it will last longer and it will give you a brighter image. I posted a link below if it is of any help, please let me know how it goes!

https://www.discount-merchant.com/p-36-mitsubishi-915p061010-lamp-replacement-915p061a10.aspx
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”