Mitsubishi power light blinking green

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
zboers

Mitsubishi power light blinking green

Postby zboers » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Hello all, new to the forum

I just picked up a Mitsubishi wd-73727 tv. When i got it, the owner claimed the bulb and color wheel had been changed within the last six months, he said a sensor needed to be replaced (coming from a repairman) if you watch the tv after 30 minutes everything turns a green tint. I checked it before i got it. It turned on and looked fine. i tied it down in my trailor and drove it 2 miles to my house but now im getting a blinking green light for about a minute with nothing on the screen. I dont have a remote, tried pushing input and menu for 5 seconds and the card reader lights light up once nothing else. I took the opticle engine out and i noticed that the bulb was not and could not be pushed in enough the get the screws to thread in their holes. I dont kno if as nything mightve gotten jiggled loose while hauling. Please help. Thanks.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Mitsubishi power light blinking green

Postby grayfox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello, do you have the TV model number?

It is highly likely the light tunnel on the light engine might have misaligned in the transport and nos the lamp does not fit properly or the light being emitted is not striking the colorwheel in the correct areas (hence the green tint)..

What I would do first is set the tv down and re install the optical block making sure every screw and tab fit snug back in place and give it a try.

I hope this helps, pleas let me know, once I have the model number I can tell you were the cheapest place to find the original remote can be.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”