Remote sensor not working

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
John

Remote sensor not working

Postby John » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:00 am

Hello, I have a Mitsubishi WD-52631 55". I have the original remote plus a U-verse remote that is programmed to the tv. Last week they both stopped operating the tv, or rather the tv quit reading them. The batteries are good and I tried re-programming the U-verse remote with no luck. Also reset the tv with no luck. Obviously I suspect the remote sensor in the tv, any idea what part or part number I need and any idea where to find it?

Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Remote sensor not working

Postby grayfox » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:22 am

Hello,

This might be the "button set/ remote sensor" depending on your model. most Mitsubishi it comes in one small board.

Before you take your TV apart, do the buttons on the TV operate the TV normally without any malfunction? try navigating the menu, switching inputs etc..

I mention this because it can be the motherboard in some cases..

Hope I can help!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

John

Postby John » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:56 am

Thx grayfox,

Both the remotes were totally out. The only way to do anything was via the front panel. For some reason it cleared up all of a sudden this weekend though, so I think I will leave it alone for now! For what it's worth, I haven't been real impressed with this tv for what I gave for it.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Oh thats good news, especially during football (if you are a fan). I have a big screen Mitsubishi DLP also 52", used mostly for gaming, HDMI at full resolution!

My biggest problem is that it uses about a lamp a year and every 2 or 3 lamps I have to replace the ballast as well..

Otherwise, no complaints.

I hope your problem is resolved and let us know if anything comes up
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

jfair9

Postby jfair9 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:39 am

I have a very similar issue with my WD-62628. TV will turn on via remote or front panel. Both will operate for a short period of time than stop working. If I click any buttons on either the remote or front panel and wait for 5 minutes it will sometimes register and complete the action. Becomes impossible to use. The picture and sound still works .. just not the inputs. Any help is appreciated.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:41 am

Hello, as mentioned this is most likely a dmd board issue for it does the processing of those commands.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions in specific

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”