Mitsubishi 57833-I Think I Messed UP

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bluesax
Contributor
Contributor

Mitsubishi 57833-I Think I Messed UP

Postby bluesax » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Well, my 57833 had a dark band across the top and it was suggested that a solution would be to move the board (with the DLP chip) around until it went away. I took it apart yesterday and found out that the screws on the board, even when loosened, didn't allow for 'movement.' Okay. So I buttoned everything back up and now, when I turn on the set, it turns off almost immediately and there is no picture. I have audio for a few seconds then...poof. Solid red light. So, I'm wondering if I should replace the lamp (a cheapo I bought maybe a year ago) or is it a ballast problem. Or....? Help. Please. Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Mitsubishi 57833-I Think I Messed UP

Postby grayfox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi,

So after all this trouble shooting basically you end up with a RED screen??? If you are getting an image then the light is working (that only emits white light), I think maybe the coorwheel is not spinning or something was not plugged in correctly.. normally when i rebuild a big screen TV like this, sometimes I get a band top or bottom! And I loosen the entire light engine and move it around, if you no longer get the black band maybe either the colorwheel is/went bad/damaged or the light tunnel is severely miss aligned. You can rectify this by taking everything out and rebuilding it piece by piece, connector by connector and making sure every screw and plug are snug..

Good luck and keep us posted!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

bluesax
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesax » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:25 am

Hey Grayfox. I really appreciate your reply. Sorry it took awhile to get back but I've been gone. So, to update. I don't have ANY screen. The tv turns on, I get audio for a few seconds and it turns off. Since the problem began, I just got another OEM lamp and installed it today. Same result. Seconds of audio, shuts off, steady red lamp indicator for awhile then it too goes out. No video at all. I'm thinking that you're right and I need to take her apart again and check all connections. Or is there some other check I can do first? Again, thanks for your suggestions.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Hey,

Ok so by what you describe I am almost certain this is ballast issue. This is completely normal, chances are if you Google it you can find a guide to replace it.

This is a consumable part so even if it was not defective once the lamp has been replaced on a Mitsubishi DLP 2-3 times the ballast needs to be replaced..

Hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

bluesax
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesax » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Thank you, sir. I have to check the ballast next. I opened t up, checked all the connections and screws, but after I tried to fire it up NOW I get a steady red Staus light. Not sure where the ballast is but I'll give that a try. Before I throw in the towel.

bluesax
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesax » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi All,

Quick question. Is there any way to test a lamp outside of the set? A meter or anything to check if a lamp is good or bad? The tv is probably past putting more money into but I'd like to know that both lamps I have are good, in case I decide to sell them. Thanks for any help.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Thu May 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi,

I do not think there is a way to test the lamp outside the TV without a proper safe bench workstation and the corresponding ballast. Keep in mind the ignition jolt is 5-20kV!

Taking a multimeter, as proposed, will render a false result because of the arch gap in the uhp chamber..

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”