Mitsubishi wd73833 shadow

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jfronk28

Mitsubishi wd73833 shadow

Postby jfronk28 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:17 am

I have a Mitsubishi WD 73833 TV. I have had it for a long time and it has been a great TV. I have replaced the lamps several times and I have replaced the DLP chip. A while back, I replaced the lamp and when I turned the TV on, I had a shadow at the top with a little rainbow line at the bottom of the shadow. The shadow runs the full width of the TV and slants a little down as it goes from right to left. It's about a foot wide at it's deepest point.

I thought it might go away or maybe I bought a crappy lamp. It didn't go away. So recently, I decided to replace the lamp again and see if that was the problem. I replaced the lamp and the shadow remains unchanged. I made sure I seated the lamp all the way and I'm pretty sure it's installed properly.

I wonder if I screwed something up the first time I changed the lamp. I wonder if something is wrong the the light engine of light tunnel. I had a repairman come and look at it and he thinks it's the circuit board. I can't believe I got two bad lamps in a row. I've replaced a bunch of those and never had a problem. I've attached a photo. What do you think?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Mitsubishi wd73833 shadow

Postby grayfox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Hello,

You are on the right path in my opinion, when I get this after a lamp exchange its usually something inside (the projector light engine) is miss aligned.

Was the TV moved around a lot when you first replaced the lamp??? (that i the main cause)

If so the only way to fix would be to take it apart (after unplugging it for some hrs) and piece it back making sure everything is screwed and connected snugly and fitted.

I hope this helps, if not please let me know
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”