Mitsubishi 73" DLP purchase?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
fmitchelltx
Contributor
Contributor

Mitsubishi 73" DLP purchase?

Postby fmitchelltx » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:54 pm

My old Toshiba rear projection 65" HDTV is on its final legs. I have found a guy on Craigslist that has 73" Mitsubishi 3D DLP televisions for sale, $550. The set comes with delivery and 1 year warranty. I have never owned a Mitsubishi before so I want to do my homework before purchasing. Am I getting a good television for the price? Anything I neen to know about DLP technology? Right now he is sold out of the 73" sets but will be refurbishing more very soon. I went to his house last week and saw the 65" HDTVs that he had. They were the same Mitsubishi televisions as the 73" I am interested in. The pictures on those looked great and well worth the $450 he asks for them I think.

In general, I just want opinions on if the 73" Mitsubishi is worth buying. I doubt I will never use the 3D function. Most of what I watch is sports.

Thank you!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Mitsubishi 73" DLP purchase?

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Hey Mitchell

Well for 550 a 3D DLP T.V sounds like a good bargain because this is a DLP TV. Most DLPs TVs require light bulb change after a few years, and a light bulb can cost like 80-100$dlls and well Mitsubishi has always been highly regarded as one of the best for at least the past..oh I don't know 15 years soo i say its a good deal

Let us know how it turns out =)
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

fmitchelltx
Contributor
Contributor

Postby fmitchelltx » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Thank you. I feel it is a good deal too. It is a Diamond series if that matters. I am going to look at and probably buy it tomorrow.

Thanks again!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Well the diamond series as far as i know its the crown jewel of Mitsubishi and i've heard nothing but good things, soo saying that you're making a wise purchase =)

Cheers !

fmitchelltx
Contributor
Contributor

Postby fmitchelltx » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:24 pm

The guy I am planning to buy from sold the one I was going to buy. He will have another later today or tomorrow. He does not know if the one that he is getting for me now is a Diamond series or not. He tells me that the Diamond series just has a glossy finish but that everything else is the same on the model that is not a Diamond series. Is that true?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it

Frank

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:43 am

Hello,

Yes pretty much the diamond series parts can be used on the regular with its corresponding part number unless it has a "smart TV feature" like wifi, which was not many.

Do you have part numbers and I can be of more specific help!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

psm0alaska
Contributor
Contributor

Postby psm0alaska » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi. Wanted to give my opinion on the Mitsubishi 73 ' TV I have a WD-73C9 model.... Awesome TV but it now has the dreaded white spots.. I live in Bush Alaska so there's no repair facilities within 1000 miles anyway I'm going to try to get this part myself the DLP chip and change it myself ...concerned that I get the right part. Does anyone know the exact part number for this television ? thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Hello,

Your DLP chip should have the part # on it.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”