Mitsubishi WD60638 shakey green tinted screen

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mykalt18

Mitsubishi WD60638 shakey green tinted screen

Postby mykalt18 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:24 pm

A week ago my tv failed to turn on and I got the red light. I assumed it was the lamp so I ordered a new one. It arrived, I got it installed and turned on the tv. It worked perfectly for about ten minutes, then the screen seemed to start shaking/flashing and the color went into a green type scale. The area of the tv where the lamp is seemed abnormally hot, although I'm not sure how hot it normally gets for sure. The fan seems to be working fine as we can see it spinning through the vent. We have taken the lamp back out and cleaned some dust from the fan, but each time we turn it back on it does the same thing. It's fine for 10 minutes or so then turns green and starts to shake. When we turn it off after this begins the light flashes green for a minute then turns off. What is going on? Help!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Mitsubishi WD60638 shakey green tinted screen

Postby grayfox » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Hello,

From experience I want to say the colorwheel has become unbalanced. This could be because of many reasons, from over heating if its not properly ventilated, to it just running though its lifespan which is normal. It can work fine but once it reaches a certain temperature it can be loosing or gaining RPMs and throwing off the color palette and shaking not unlike an unbalanced wheel on a car... Lucky for you since this is a consumable part, they sell replacements, however you would need to take out the part to find out the part number, it is not always safe to order by model number of the TV itself. Please take a look at what this part looks like on the link below, I am sure there is an FYI on youtube.com and almost all mistubishi rptvs have the same interior layout..

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

mykalt18

Postby mykalt18 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Being that I know close to nothing about tvs, would it be difficult for me to take apart the set and find the color wheel? I plan to watch some videos before doing so, but I don't want to get myself into something that will be so difficult that I end up making it worse!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi,

I want to say it is a medium difficulty, if you are handy taking stuff apart this will be a good time because everything is bolt, plug and play, nothing to solder. The plugs are unique so you cannot mistake them, you can take everything apart and rebuild it taking the same steps back as you have probably figured out in a video by now. what I do when dealing with a new model ive never worked on is that i document with pics or video!

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”