Picture but no sound. Won't "read" antenna signal.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Picture but no sound. Won't "read" antenna signal.

Postby appleads » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:17 pm

I'm currently working on a WD73736 and a WD73734 both of which were curbside rescues (free). Since both have the same sort of issues, and I am a bit puzzled as to next steps, I thought I would post and ask for help.

Here's what's been done so far. New ballast. New lamp in each. They both now produce a wonderful picture if I feed them a signal through the component video inputs (RGB connections plus red/white RCA plug audio connections) OR a Blue Ray player (HDMI port). However, connecting an antenna gets me nowhere, despite scanning for channels and doing all the correct set up steps for "air" reception-- all I get is static. I've tried setting up and scanning both ANT 1 and ANT 2. IN ADDITION, besides a great picture from the inputs that do work, I get NO SOUND even from my component and/or BluRay feeds. My question: is there a separate audio processor board or other option short of buying a new main board that would fix the no sound issues?

I've thought that perhaps the small unit that accepts the antenna connection might be bad and I could get away with just de-soldering and replacing that to fix the ANT 1 and ANT 2 issue.

So I guess my question is: is the audio processor integral to the main board, or separate? To fix an audio issue, will I have to replace the whole main board? Is the inability to process an antenna signal a main board issue as well? Or should I try replacing that do-thingy you screw the cable connector into?

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: Picture but no sound. Won't "read" antenna signal.

Postby appleads » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:53 am

Ended up swapping out the mother board. problem solved.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”