WD-52725

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
aegjim
Contributor
Contributor

WD-52725

Postby aegjim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:44 pm

I justed pulled my TV out of storage; after several months of fustrating shut downs with tempature/air flow warnings and finally the red lamp indicator comming on. I ordered a new lamp and installed it turned on the TV and it powers up, no funny sounds. I can see light from the lamp and it shuts off after 3 seconds and the red lamp indicator comes back on. I called the lamp supplier and they suggested it maybe the ballast so I pulled it out last night and it appears to look fine no blown capacitors? Before I order a ballast I read a few discussions regarding the tempature sensor problems could this be shuting down my lamp?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: WD-52725

Postby grayfox » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Hello aegjim,
Yes temperature sensors can be one of the reasons your new lamp is not igniting. You can find pictures of what this looks like here
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... 725%20temp
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

aegjim
Contributor
Contributor

Re: WD-52725

Postby aegjim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 pm

I pulled the back off and blew out the dust, reseated the lamp. Turned it on and off a few times and a faint menu image came up; I hooked up a DVD player and the image came in wavy and sound was ok. I turned off TV and checked RCA connections and turned it back on; no image and sound again; I can't get the image back tried a few times; lamp ignites and turns off after 3 seconds red lamp indicator light comes on. No clicking noises or weird noise form the color wheel just the fan noise. I pulled the ballast out and it visually looks good; I am planning on pulling the power supply to visually inspect.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”