WD-52725

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
aegjim
Contributor
Contributor

WD-52725

Postby aegjim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 pm

I Justed pulled my TV out of storage it was haveing air flow/ tempature warnings and finally after several months the lamp indicator light came on and the TV stopped working. I purchased a new lamp and installed it this past weekend the TV powers up no funny sounds I can see the lamp ignite but shortyl after it turns off and the red indicator light comes back on. I called the lamp supplier and they suggested a new ballast but reveiwing some of the other topics I am wondering if it could be the tempature sensor that is shutting the TV down?

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: WD-52725

Postby rougeleader » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi, welcome!!
ok, how long does the TV stay on before it shuts off? if its on for less than a couple of min, i doubt it could be a heat issue, it may be a ballast issue!
or does the TV last more than 5 min then it shuts off? if that is so, that may be a temp issue, to rule that out i suggest you remove the back cover and clean the inside of the TV as much as possible, you can use one of does wet/dry shop vacs to blow out the dust that is in the TV!

if after that the TV stays on longer, we know its a temperature issue! if not id say ballast

aegjim
Contributor
Contributor

Postby aegjim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 pm

The lamp turns on for 3 seconds and and shuts off then tv shuts of shortly after less then a minute for the entire cycle.

aegjim
Contributor
Contributor

Postby aegjim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:51 pm

I pulled the lamp out and used my air compressor to blow out the dust reseated the lamp and got a faint menu image; I connected a DVD player and played a movie and the image was wavey and distorted; whent back to menu still faint some yellowing in the menu; turned the tv off checked the RCA connections; Turned TV back on, no image back to turning off again red indicator light; pulled the back off cleaned dust and pulled ballast out and visualy it looks good.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”