wd-60735 error code 34

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ghostpix
Contributor
Contributor

wd-60735 error code 34

Postby ghostpix » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi all: I hope someone can point me in the correct direction on what to do next.

I have a MITS WD-60735 The lamp went out two months back, I bought a replacement, installed it and all worked great for two months until today. This morning when I turned the TV on it started as usual and was on for about 15 minutes then suddenly shut off and the lamp status light turned solid red. I unplugged it and then plugged it back in and turned it back on. This time it only stayed on for maybe 5 minutes. I tried once more unplugging for a minute and then plugging it back in. This time it STAYED on. Scared to turn it back off I let it stay on for almost 6 hours with no problems. I thought maybe earlier had been a fluke so after 6 hours i turned it off, and of course the next time I tried to turn it on the problem came back. As of now I havent been able to get it to stay on for more than 1-2 minutes without it shutting off and showing a solid red LAMP status light.

When I do the steps for the TV to flash an error code it comes back with error 34 , which I read stands for "Lamp Abnormalities" I just don't know what that means or what I should do next. Is there anything I'm not thinking of that I could check or do myself? Any help would be great.

Thank You all so much..

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: wd-60735 error code 34

Postby rougeleader » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 pm

hi and welcome!
well i think this might be more of a ballast issue then a lamp, id be a good idea to read this so you can be more informed:

i hope this helps!!

ghostpix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ghostpix » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:09 am

Thank you so so much for pointing me in the correct direction. Is this ballast something I can order and replace myself like I did with the lamp? Ive been googling around for a ballast for a wd-60735 and am not having much luck at finding where I can order one. If anyone could point me in the right direction to buy a ballast for this TV i promise I wont ask another question LOL.

Again thank you all so much, don't know what us non techy folks would do without you guys.

ghostpix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ghostpix » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Well this wasn't a ballast. $60 spent on a new ballast and same exact problem. TV turns on for 30 seconds just fine lamp light perfectly and then shuts off showing a solid red light and diagnostic shows error code 34 lamp abnormality. Does anyone else have any ideas on what else this could be or is it just garbage?

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”