WD-52725 sound no picture at turn on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
MBrady

WD-52725 sound no picture at turn on

Postby MBrady » Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi all,

My first post, so I'm new to the forum. Please take it easy on me. :D

I recently got a MGA WD-52725 DLP TV from a friend of mine, gratis. He told me it was the original bulb. Of course, the bulb went not 2 weeks after I got the TV in the house (I'm not blaming him). I replaced the bulb, and it died again about 3 weeks later. I replaced it again (under warranty from the Amazon seller).

The problem that I am experiencing is that maybe 3 out of 4 times, when I turn the TV on, I get sound, but no picture. I have resorted to unplugging the set, waiting about a minute, plugging it back in, waiting for the green timer (?) light to stop blinking, and trying again. Usually it takes 2-3 times of doing that to get the picture to come up. An idea came to me that maybe the TV is not syncing with the cable box, and the TV " senses" that there is no input (on the HDMI input). I was successful several times of turning on the cable box first and letting it sit that way for about a minute, then turning the TV on. Unfortunately, the TV resorted back to the problem.

So, several questions. What's the probable problem, and if it's some board or unit that can be replaced, where do you get parts?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: WD-52725 sound no picture at turn on

Postby BYO » Mon May 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi MBrady,

:geek: Your TV is well known to have ballast issues (http://en.allexperts.com/q/TV-VCR-Stere ... icture.htm)
The ballast is the only board that connects to the lamp and feeds with voltage.
If the ballast is bad it will be consuming faster the lamps since most of the time it will not detect there is a new lamp and will still be sending voltage for an old lamp.
By taking the lamp out and put it back in, we are kind of forcing the ballast to think there is a new lamp, but this information is lost when you turn OFF the tv.
Your ballast looks something like this:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/PhotoD ... 938P978010

And you will find it right next to the lamp, you got to disassemble the lower back cover of the TV in order to reach it, since you will not have access to it from the lamp door.

Replacing this part is very simple since it only haves 4 screws/clips holding it on its place and 2 cables that connects to it from DMD and power supply. And haves another connector that connects to the lamp, you just need to remove the lamp connector from its connection holder place. A screwdriver will make the trick.
:mrgreen:
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”