WD-52531 Picture "Blinks" To Black every few secon

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
HomerGator

WD-52531 Picture "Blinks" To Black every few secon

Postby HomerGator » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:04 pm

The other day, I turned on my WD-52531. I thought everything was fine until I noticed the picture continually cutting out. It was as if you were blinking your eyes every several seconds. The picture would go to black for a half a second, then back fine. The sound was not affected, and I tried other inputs and had the same issue, so it's not a cable or the devices, it has to be the television.

There is no change in color to the LEDs status lights. No lamp warning. I opened up the lamp portal, and nothing seemed amiss in there. I removed the lamp, removed any dust, and replaced it.

The problem persists. A new lamp is 90 bucks. I don't want to buy a new one only to have it turn out to be an issue that ISN'T the lamp. Anyone have any issues like this?

Matt

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: WD-52531 Picture "Blinks" To Black every few secon

Postby grayfox » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello!

If you want to trouble shoot price and time wise, I would recommend changing the lamp first, especially if this flickering started more than 6 to 12 months into the lamps lifetime. The only other part I could think of that give you this flickering is the lamp ballast (very common) or your TV is not supporting the input you are giving it, (say 1080 HD)...

Hope this helps
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”