wd 5525 bew bulb but wont start up

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
tkloss

wd 5525 bew bulb but wont start up

Postby tkloss » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 am

i have a mits wd5255 and recently it gave me some wavy colored lines then quit altogether. I replaced the lamp and now start it and the bulb lights up for a few seconds and then the tv shuts down and the red lighht for bulb replacement comes on.
Help me please. Cann't afford to have a tech fix it and kids are riding me like no tomorrow.
Thanks,

Tim

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: wd 5525 bew bulb but wont start up

Postby grayfox » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Normally I would advice that the ballast is weak and it cannot spark the new lamp. But given the color malfunction and the lack of ignition, it is a safe bet that your color wheel might have gone bad and is therefore interrupting the energy source to the ballast. since the lamp is getting no power and not turning on, then you get the lamp error code light.
-Are you getting any weird noises coming from the TV? or if it does turn on for a couple of seconds, is the color ok?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

moose916
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: wd 5525 bew bulb but wont start up

Postby moose916 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:48 pm

try the diagnostics on the tv by pushing the input and menu buttons on the tv while its off and it should read u a code for example 12 will blink once pause for a second or so then blink twice it should read 12 only if there is nothing wrong with the tv but in your case it should give you a code then u can give that code to a tech what kind of bulb did you replace it with the lights that will blink is near the power button. any????? send me a message thanks hopefully my input can help you :ugeek: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen:

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”