wd 57733 lamp issue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
timmay3d

wd 57733 lamp issue

Postby timmay3d » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:46 am

a few weeks ago: TV shut down after being on for a few hours and the lamp light turned red. Reset button did nothing and after researching, we decided to replace the lamp. TV seemed to be working as normal.
10 days later: TV powered down again after only 45 minutes and this time the lamp indicator flashed amber. Again, the reset button was useless. More research convinced me the lamp wasn't seated properly. After removing the outer lamp cover a lose screw was discovered. After removing and reseating the lamp and making sure all screws were secure, the TV worked just fine again.
3 days later: TV powered down again, this time after about 1.5 hours and again the indicator lit red. However, this time the reset button seemed to do the trick and I was able to immediately power the TV on again.
I'm wondering if there is some trouble beyond just the lamp.
I've researched and read about bad capacitors and ballasts but there has been no unusual sounds and the picture has been great all along. I'm wondering if anyone has some other pointers of what it could be before we tear too far into the TV, should it decide to power down again, which it seems pretty certain it will happen again. Am I missing something simple? I also read about a lamp timer reset but can't find the procedure for this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance for your time!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: wd 57733 lamp issue

Postby grayfox » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Hello!

I think we can blame the ballast for the shut downs and in my experience the improper connection might have reset the ballast hence the following need to reset. I do not think it could have done any long lasting damage to the lamp or ballast, however Mitsubishi's are notorious for weak ballasts... please If this happens again give us a post!
;)
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”