LG 52 " dlp problem

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
drlparker

LG 52 " dlp problem

Postby drlparker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:03 pm

my tv started to pixillate and have ghost images-I thought it might be my hd box-it isn't- my tv now has no picture and when I turn it on there is an intermittent whirring noise like something is trying to crank up?-suggestions-power board ??

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: LG 52 " dlp problem

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello drlparker.
I think I can help you out but before I can suggest any kind of diagnostics I’m going to need a little more info.
First of all, when did you purchase your TV?
What’s the model number?
Have you ever cleaned the inside of your TV in the last 6 moths?
What happens when you try to turn on your TV?
Can you bring up the menu, and if you can dose it look perfect or distorted in any way?
The prime suspects right now are:
Color wheel: that whirring sound you hear is probably the wheel that either chipped, broken or dislocated from its center.
DMD board: the ghostly image might be related to it, how ever if the menu shows up ok, then it’s very unlikely.
Digital board: if the ghostly images are not affecting the tv menu then the digital board is all that’s left.
Again don’t take any of the above as fact, let’s try and narrow the problem down as much as possible.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

drlparker

Re: LG 52 " dlp problem

Postby drlparker » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I have no picture and can't get the menu at all,my model is an LG 52SZ8D,the noise sounds like something is cranked up then powers down consistently at 1X every3-5 secs

Return to “LG/Zenith Discussion”