Problem with my 52"

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
magicman320
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with my 52"

Postby magicman320 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Hello board. Ive had my LG 52" DLP for approx. 5 years now. Ive replaced the bulb about two years ago. Easy fix 1-2-3. As of the last 3 moths its been showing the flashing orange light again. I kind of procrastinated on ordering a new bulb.
Anyway it finally started just shutting down. (TV just turned off)
So i ordered a new bulb. I did the replacement. When i plug the TV up it seems to already be on. Green light steady and orange flashing. (NO PICTURE)I cannot turn it off or on. Ive tried to turn it off using the remote as well.
Hmmm what could that be?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Problem with my 52"

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue May 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Hello magicman320.
My first question is, did you order the correct lamp? What brand of lamp did you buy? The reason is that it sounds real odd that you installed a new lamp and it didn’t work.
But before we jump to any conclusions (that you got a defective lamp) have you cleaned the inside of the TV free from dust & mold? Do you hear any strange noises coming from the back of the tv? My first recommendation is that you check if all of the fans on the inside of your tv are working perfectly. If one is not working correctly it will prevent the TV from turning on.
One last thing, did you completely close the lamp door when you replace the lamp? If not I suggest you do before trying to turn the TV on.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

magicman320
Contributor
Contributor

Postby magicman320 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks NightKid. I really appreciate your help.
I replaced the bulb with the exact same brand / make as the first replacement. (OSRAM) Cant remember the serial # will check when i get home.
No I didnt clean any dust or anything. I just unscrewed the screws and slide it out and replaced the connections to the new bulb. I did close the lamp door initially before i turned the TV back on. But then removed it again not being sure if i pushed the bulb casing in far enough. But i will also check that as well when i get home.
But when i plugged the TV up the green light is already on and the orange one blinking without me touching anything.
Could i have the connections to the bulb reversed or does that matter?

Also i do hear a very low noise in the back near the fan. So i suppose that is working.
Will check everything again as soon as i get in.
Thanks again Night Kid. I was about to give up hope.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu May 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Hello again magicman320.
In this case your lamp doesn’t have polarity, since it’s a UHP AC lamp. If it was a DC lam, then it would explode taking the ballast along with it. So you don’t have to worry about that.
That very low noise that you hear, can you describe it a little bit more, is it a humming, whining, whirling, clicking or hissing sound?
Any way good luck on checking every thing, don’t forget that all fans must be spinning properly in order for the tv to turn on.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

magicman320
Contributor
Contributor

Postby magicman320 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Hey Night kid. You were right. The lamp door was not completely shut. Only one screw. My daughter disposed of the other. lol
Thanks a Million!!!!

Return to “LG/Zenith Discussion”