lg ru44sz63d black and white pic

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
matt12
Contributor
Contributor

lg ru44sz63d black and white pic

Postby matt12 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:45 pm

TV made a click and picture turned black and white. Any suggestions? TV is 6 years old.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: lg ru44sz63d black and white pic

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon May 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Hello matt12.
Despite the limited amount of information that you provided, it’s very probable that you have a defective color wheel. When a TV looses its color, there is a high chance that it’s just the color wheel that either stopped working or it’s broken.
To be sure if it’s the color wheel, you can inspect it physically.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

matt12
Contributor
Contributor

Postby matt12 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Here is some more info. It is black and white on all inputs. I hooked up a different tv to the same components and they work fine. So I know it is not the cables or the inputs to the tv. The picture is clear, but it is black and white. Thanks for your interest in helping.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Hello matt12.
Well that practically sums it up, now to be 100% sure you need to physically inspect it. You can either do it your self or have a tech do it (recommend its one you trust & tell his specifically to check the color wheel other wise expect to be scammed), if you do plan on check it your self, I suggest you visit this link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1315 to give you an idea of where the wheel is located.
If the color wheel is broken or shattered you’ll need to buy a new one, my suggestion is that you try buying online buy part number & tv model.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “LG/Zenith Discussion”