Zenith Z62DC1D won't turn on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mastiffmama
Contributor
Contributor

Zenith Z62DC1D won't turn on

Postby mastiffmama » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Last year our TV started having the issue of needing to have the power button hit numerous times in order for it to turn on. Then, it just stopped turning on. I bought a new bulb, although the bulb in it was only a year old. I bought the old bulb and the newest one from Union Electronics. After replacing bulb, the tv would turn on with some troubles for about a month. Then, it just would not turn on again.

A year later I decided to work on it again. (I finally had enough of watching a 19" tv)

I just replaced the ballast and color wheel. All items bought from Union Electronics. It would not turn on. All I would get was the green blinking light, then the temp light would flash and the tv would just shut off.

Last night I kicked the back of the TV, and then tried turning it on and IT DID. The color was off, but it turned on. The lamp light was on, but that's because I haven't been able to reset timer since I don't have the remote. I had to order an original remote last night so I could adjust the colors and reset the timer, which is OK.

BUT NOW THIS MORNING IT WILL NOT TURN ON.

Green light flashes, I hear a click in the back, green light keeps flashing, then red light turns on and it stops. then tv tries to turn itself back on again.

HELP!!!!!

When doing all of the work on the TV, I checked continuity of temp sensor, and it was good. I even did a jumper test, but it was still giving me the green light, then red cycle of death.

mastiffmama
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Zenith Z62DC1D won't turn on

Postby mastiffmama » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Just wanted to add, I took the back off and noticed after the first click, the fans are not turning on. This was an issue we were having before, then when the tv started up yesterday I noticed the fans kicked on after the first "click".

If it could possibly be the fans, where do I start to repair?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Hey Mastiffmama

judging by the work that has been done to your set it might be the fans, Id suggest checking both fans ( i believe this model has 2 ) to make sure they are running. If the fan behind Lamp does not run the T.V will not light lamp.

One thing you can try is cleaning the fans with compressed air ( the ones they sell at computer stores ) sometimes dust gets in the fans and will keep them from spinning at the correct R.P.Ms and will prevent the T.V from turning on

hope this helps =)
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

mastiffmama
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mastiffmama » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:44 am

I thoroughly cleaned everything on the inside of the TV including the fans before I replaced everything.

I did shake the unit the power supply plugs in to (since that is what was shaken when I kicked it and it magically turned on yesterday). It turned on right after I shook it and has been on ever since today.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of power supply issue? I would think there would have to be, since the power goes to the fans before the ballast lights the color wheel and lamp, correct?

I don't mind needing to shake this part to get it to run, but I would assume there would be an easy fix to this. No one within a 60 mile radius will even look at this DLP, so I am its last hope. I waited a year for my husband to work on it, he looked at it and said it was time for a 4k LED curved the moment it went out last year.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi!

Im gonna jump in and ask I you could get a part number off the Power Supply board, then maybe we can look at some online, the install is fairly easy..

Have you tried using that keyboard and pc equipment compressed air to blow out the dust in your tv??? this might respond for the "shaking" working out..

You can get those compressed keyboard cleaning cans at any local supermarket or office depot.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

mastiffmama
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mastiffmama » Mon May 04, 2015 10:34 pm

What part number am I looking for?

I did use compressed air when I first started to repair the TV. I got everything clean as when it was new.

I am having issues getting the colors exactly correct.

Can anyone post the correct CWI numbers or post what their Samsung is showing??

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Thu May 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Hello again,

I could not find the service manual for that model Zenith (or other) online..

On the power supply board number, it should be on the board itself (be it yellowish or green) are there many Ref Numbers on it?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “LG/Zenith Discussion”