Zenith E44W46LCD - Changed Bulb, Grn light blinks?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
gmrage
Contributor
Contributor

Zenith E44W46LCD - Changed Bulb, Grn light blinks?

Postby gmrage » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:40 pm

I have a Zenith 44in LCD Projection - E44W46LCD

I have owned the TV for 5 years now.

I just changed the bulb. was fairly simple.

Now I plug the TV in and the under "power" symbol turns on, and the under the "bulb" symbol is blinking.

Nothing happens. just blinking light.

Did I the bulb not make a good connection at the housing to the TV? Ballast?
Last edited by gmrage on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: Zenith E44W46LCD - Changed Bulb, Grn light blinks?

Postby johnrot » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi

What happened to the old bulb? is this the 1st bulb your replacing? how old is your tv?
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

gmrage
Contributor
Contributor

Postby gmrage » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:29 am

I bought the TV in 2005. So 5-6 years old. The warning light had been on for a couple years. This is the first bulb I'm replacing.

One day it just turned off and wouldn't turn back on. When you pressed the power button it would blink for a few seconds and then a red light would stay on.

I replaced the bulb.

Now, the same thing happens. Red light. press power. green flash then back to red.

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi gmrage

by any chance when you turn the tv on do you hear anykind of weird noises? buzzing like electricity? humming? clicking?
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

gmrage
Contributor
Contributor

Postby gmrage » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi - Thanks for the reply.

I've since been told I can't return my bulb. So I'm out a 100 bucks or, I get this thing fixed. :/

When I hit power I do not hear ANY noises of any kind. Dead silence. I press power and the green light blinks for a few seconds and then the red light comes on.

mdemer

Postby mdemer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 am

I am having a similar problem. TV is approximately 5 years old. My wife and I were watching tv and the bulb OBVIOUSLY blew. I ordered a new one, replaced and and put the TV back together. Now, when I turn the TV on, the yellow light flashes for approximately 30 seconds then it variates back and forth between a red blinking light under the bulb symbol and a red light under the power symbol. I do hear a "electric clicking" or something from the rear of the TV.
Please help!

bubbamay

Postby bubbamay » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:09 am

ok i have this same t.v. I just changed the lamp tonight. it worked for 30 minutes then the screen went white then black i have sound, no picture. the power light flashes orange for 30 seconds then goes to green and stays powered on. but where the bulb indicater light is it is a constant orange. any suggestions please :(

gfdm88

Postby gfdm88 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 pm

I am having the same problem. Was anyone able to find a solution? Would be a big help. Thank you.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I stumbled on this post and I apologize for not seeing it sooner. It seems to be a very popular problem with the E44W46LCD made by Zenith.

With the lamp replacement market being flooded with generic knock offs instead of Philips brand lamps, which is the inventor of this lamp technology, I would question the lamp first. Looking at the prices it seems they might not be OEM.

If anyone is still looking around for a solution I can be of some help, I can begin by asking what the lamp model number is and where the purchase was made?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:17 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If anyone has this issue, please post with some detail and with a bit more information I think we can resolve the issue.

The Zenith E44W46LCD is known to commonly have a weakend power supply or ballast that would cause this issue.

I will keep checking on this subject until we get a live sample to diagnose. Thanks!

Return to “LG/Zenith Discussion”