Dim Screen

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Megafast13

Dim Screen

Postby Megafast13 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Hello,

While under the 6 year hhgregg warranty I had the bulb replaced. If I recall correctly though I think that there were some issues with the color, so maybe the color wheel was replaced too.

Now my issue is that the screen is very dim/black. The actual colors are fine, but hard to see. When I turn the brightness up into the 90's it just seems to make the center bright. I am kind of tired of this big, 720p, slow power up, hunk of junk.

Is all I need is a new bulb, or is there something else? I am no longer under warranty so I'd like to do it myself. But I'm about to just go and buy a new Sony 55" LCD and call it a day!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Dim Screen

Postby grayfox » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:40 am

Hello,
Why get rid of a perfectly nice big screen?! Normally I would suggest there might be a problem with your ballast since it can be easily misdiagnosed, but given the fact you are not getting any weird noises (right?) I would strongly recommend exchanging the lamp, keeping in mind that the lamp ballast is also a consumable part and it should be exchanged at least once during an RPTVs lifespan
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Megafast13

Re: Dim Screen

Postby Megafast13 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Hey thanks for the reply. My dad ended up buying a 55" inch Toshiba LCD.

We put the Hitachi in the basement, now that I will be back for Xmas break I'd like to fix it. I'm hoping it's only the bulb. Are these websites that sell bulbs pretty reputable.

Return to “Hitachi LCD Projection Discussions”