Are Philips truly better than "generic" Lamps???

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Are Philips truly better than "generic" Lamps???

Postby grayfox » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:45 am

Hello Everyone,

So I posted this before, but in order to be more clear since I repair all brands of electronics I figured I would ask the Sony crowd.

I see "OEM compatible" and "generic" lamps being sold online and my normal supplier sells only Philips, which is the OEM lamp for SONYs.

My doubt is :oops: :

Is the Philips lamp really that much better than a "generic" ? :?:

Thank you!! :geek:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

JJP
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Are Philips truly better than "generic" Lamps???

Postby JJP » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:53 am

Hey, I have only my experience but I got badly burned with generic lamps. Messed up my projector. First it didn't really fit well inside. The lamp cover wouldn't go on and when it did I had a lousy picture. It eventually popped inside, left bits of glass inside the projector. A real pain to clean up. I was sorry I had got the cheap route. Authentic Philips lamps for me from now on, for sure!

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: Are Philips truly better than "generic" Lamps???

Postby ovadoggvo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:51 am

Guys,

The Philips lamps are absolutely better for your Projector or Projection TV than the generics... Here is a good article explaining the difference between OEM and Generic replacement lamps for your projector:

http://www.discounttvlamps.com/t-oemvscompatiblefp.aspx

I think build quality and reliability is very important... it like buying insurance right off the bat - not having to worry about it failing mid-superbowl.

Return to “Sony LCD Projection Discussion”