KF-50we610 lamp and sound turn off then on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
guidoia

KF-50we610 lamp and sound turn off then on

Postby guidoia » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:07 pm

I have a Sony kf-50we610 TV that will turn off the lamp and sound about 30 seconds after turning it on. Within another 30 seconds the lamp and sound will turn on. This process continues to repeat itself over and over. The power led never changes from green. Any ideas? Thanks

ankit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: KF-50we610 lamp and sound turn off then on

Postby ankit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21 pm

In most Sony televisions, if the lamp does not ignite then the audio will turn off too.

How long before have you replaced your lamp? If it’s being a long time, then you might want to replace the television lamp and see if it works. Otherwise, it could be a ballast issue. Ballast is a part that provides power or current to the lamp.

But since you mentioned that power led does not change from green, so I believe it is most likely a power supply. I hope you it helps!

And please let us know how it goes.... so that other people can use this case as reference. :)

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Hello guidoia.
Given the fact that it’s a used TV do you know if the lamp has ever been replaced? Normally these lamps last from 1 to 3 years (depending on the brand of the bulb and daily use). If you don’t know and are willing to spend money so it can last you another 3 years, my first recommendation is change the lamp. Don’t forget to close the lamp door after installing it, otherwise it won’t turn on. Another tip is to completely clean the inside of your TV, some times the dust tends to over heat the internal parts. Make sure you don’t hear any strange noises coming from the back of the TV. If you do manage to get picture for a couple of seconds, make sure there is nothing wrong with the picture, look for any blobs, white lines, etc.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

JackP

Postby JackP » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:48 pm

I own a 4 year old Sony KDF-E60A20 with the same exact problem. I've cleaned out the dust (there wasn't much at all) and cleaned what dust there was in the lamp housing screens. No luck. The screen/audio off cycles are every 2 minutes now.

Any more input for exactly what board to replace will be appreciated. A technician service call is very expensive!

-JackP

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Hello JackP.
In those 4 years have you ever changed the lamp, remember that the lamps inside of your tv are not eternal. They have a life span of 1 to 3 years (some rear cases up to 5), it all depends on the daily usage, if you haven’t changed it I suggest you contemplate on buying a new one. If you are no sure on how to change a lamp, here is a link to the guides on replacing the Sony lamps. Also check for any strange buzzing, clicking noises. Anything out of the ordinary.
Keep me posted for any new developments
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Sony LCD Projection Discussion”