KDS-R60XBR1 Problem Help!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Leon
Contributor
Contributor

KDS-R60XBR1 Problem Help!

Postby Leon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Ok, The problem that I'm having is, When I turn the set on, and it goes thru it's power up mode, which is the Green Power/Standby LED blinking and the screen comes up with its picture, but only for about 2 - 5 seconds, then goes off and the process starts all over agin and it powers up and keeps re cycling over and over.
I ran the Remote Power Commanders diagnostics, and quickly looked at the screen to see that the lamp code was 1. I also looked at the lamp to see if there was any cloudiness in it, which there was none. I was told that this was a sign that the bulb is going or is gone. However, If the bulb was gone, why would I be able to still see the screen even though it is for only a few seconds. The lamp was replaced 1 year ago. The TV is 4 years old. The first lamp lasted 3 years. So I'm suspect to the lamp not being the problem. Help!

Leon

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: KDS-R60XBR1 Problem Help!

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Hello Leon.
Normally these UHP lamps last between 1 & 3 years under normal usage, but the more accurate life span is from 4000+ lamp hours. Another factor is the brand of the lamp, if you bout a OSRAM they last from 4000+ lamp hours and Philips last 6000+. So you can’t discard the lamp entirely, also a lamp can look perfectly normal but still run out of mercury glass with out any physical symptoms. How ever before you buy anything try and clean the inside of your TV free of dust with a small vacuum & can of compressed air.
Before the Tv goes out, do you hear any strange noises coming from the back of the TV? Or do you get any distortion with the picture?
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Leon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:33 pm

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 pm

Hello again Leon.
When you replace the lamp, did you reset the lamp timer? You don’t need to have the tv turn on, so here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=871 so you can try it before you buy any new parts.
There is a small chance it’s the ballast but since you only hear one click I doubt it.
Tell me if you did make any progress with the lamp timer.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Leon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Leon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:54 pm