Identifying fake Philips lamps?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bolsonic

Identifying fake Philips lamps?

Postby bolsonic » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Anyone know a easy way to spot a phony Philips lamp? I just bought a 2nd one for my SXRD off ebay because at first some douche tried to sell me a DNGO lamp as a Sony/Philips lamp. Needless to say about 40 days after purchasing the first lamp that was generic my screen would flicker and I was able to get a refund. Anyways I had my original to use while waiting for my 2nd ebay lamp and the only thing that concerns me with the new Philips lamp is that there isnt wattage printed on it like my OEM Philips bulb had. This bulb says TOP UHC above Philips and there are a few symbols like the no garbage sign and I think HG with a circle around it. Also do you guys know if the problem with the Light engine/Optical drive was fixed with the last model RPTV's Sony made? I have the final model that was produced before they sadly discontinued the RPTV line. Love the TV and trust me from experience DO NOT buy a fricken generic bulb, ESPECIALLY a DNGO off ebay. I shoulda known right off the bat because the wire that comes off the bulb coiled around to the base of the bulb instead of going directly out the side like the Philips does.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Identifying fake Philips lamps?

Postby darkart77 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Well most Philips. lamps have the logo on them but some do not. I suppose the way to go about it is by calling the company you're getting the lamp from and verify all the info from the agent,supervisor that you speak to. Only major distributors have a good profile, Discount-merchant.com (TOPRATED)

SrMerlyn
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: Identifying fake Philips lamps?

Postby SrMerlyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 am

Prior to 2010 the wattage was printed under the Philips stamp. After 2010 Philips started to print the wattage, serial # and date code on a white sticker located one the opposite corner of where the Philips stamp is.

Return to “Sony LCD Projection Discussion”