E42A10 Wont Start after bulb replaced 3 red lights

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
FrankTheTank
Contributor
Contributor

E42A10 Wont Start after bulb replaced 3 red lights

Postby FrankTheTank » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:06 pm

So I replaced the bulb because the lamp light was blinking. That appeared and seemed to be easy and deffinetly the problem because the old one was broken inside. When I put the housing back in the tv and try to start it it appears to be starting and then powers down to a 3 red blinking light on "Power/Stanby". I have read that some have said it was the connections that they had to mess around with but which connections? The 2 on the bulb or the 2 in the clip? And if it is the 2 in the clip how would you even really adjust it since it is set in the housing and really has no adjustment. If anyone could help me out with this as I obviously have just spent the money on a bulb and now feel like it was nothing but wasted money since the tv will not work.

Thank you in advance for anyones help.

MagFan

Re: E42A10 Wont Start after bulb replaced 3 red li

Postby MagFan » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 am

I am no expert, but some calming help, perhaps.

Can you see the place where the lamp plugs in? Are the wires dark or look 'rusty'?

On my SXRD Sony, the red power lamp blinking 3x.....pause 3x indicated the lamp wasn't
getting power or was improperly connected. I removed my lamp and carefully replaced it, and since the lamp was good,
I didn't even replace it....original lamp. Now, all is fine.

Did you wire the new lamp properly or 'swap' wires in the enclosure? Did you purchase a NEW housing?
Use your existing housing? If you used YOUR housing, check for shiny connections. Wear rubber gloves so you don't
get skin oils on ANYTHING. That will cause premature failure and 'contamination'.

Go slow, you'll be OK.
Worst case, is when the lamp popped, it damaged the powersupply..... I'd check with a pro about this possibility.

FrankTheTank
Contributor
Contributor

Re: E42A10 Wont Start after bulb replaced 3 red lights

Postby FrankTheTank » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:48 am

OK so i got to thinking and to eliminate the new bulb being the problem I installed the old one to see if i went back to the lamp light. It didnt, it was the same 3 blinking red on standby mode. So i was at the lamp light blinking replaced only the bulb no housing and went to 3 red lights blinking on the standby mode with the new bulb. To check it is not the new bulb i put the old one back in and still blinking in standby mode not back to where i was originally in the lamp light blinking. The connections on the old housing which is still what i am using appears to look ok but it is impossible to see the ones in the tv.

Any ideas of anything from that scenario? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have no idea of how else to determine if the 2 connections on the clip are truly alligned.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

FrankTheTank
Contributor
Contributor

Re: E42A10 Wont Start after bulb replaced 3 red lights

Postby FrankTheTank » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:27 am

Sorry guys but I figured one more thing out. When I thought I was troubleshooting it before I did not realize there is a switch on the one door cover. So I put the old bulb back in close the door and it goes back to the lamp light blinking. When I install the new bulb the lamp light goes away and the Power/Standby light blinks red three times. Any ideas from this at all from anyone?

Thanks,

Return to “Sony LCD Projection Discussion”