Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

PT50LC13 With No Picture, Lamp Indicator Flashing

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:32 pm

At 2009.01.06 19:13, Jeremy said:

I have a panisonic pt50lc13 tv with no picture and the lamp indicator light is flashing but my TY-LA1000 Lamp looks fine with no signs of being blown like a regular bulb could it still be the bulb ?

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PT50LC13 With No Picture, Lamp Indicator Flashing

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:32 pm

At 2009.01.09 17:40, Madmize said:

Solid red lamp indicator is replace bulb. Flashing red indicates other problems, advise contact service center.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:33 pm

--

Eddie

master2169

Postby master2169 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:40 am

I have a pt-50lcx63. My television was donated to me so I was unaware of what was wrong with it. First, I opened it up and found that the lamp and housing kit were missing so I assumed that was the problem. I ordered one of the internet for 130.00 and apparently that wasn't the problem. So from calling around to repair centers I believe that the real problem now is the ballast box. Every service center is giving me ridiculous prices for the ballast and for the repair. I would at least like to buy the ballast myself and give it to the repair center to lower the cost. Is there anyway that I could repair the ballast myself. I was also unsure what the difference was between a ballast and a ballast repair kit. Either way I don't want to get screwed over by some technician who is taking advantage of customers. With the bulb in my power light indicator will blink green and then start to blink red. The temp button will also blink red once and then pause of 4-5 seconds. And then the lamp button will blink red once for 4-5 seconds. And the lamp and temp blinking will alternate. I really feel bad throwing this tv away but if I can repair it for cheap that would really awesome.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Hello master2169.
There is a big difference between a ballast & a ballast repair kit.
The ballast is a small circuit board the size of the palm of your hand. It regulates voltage to the lamp. The kit is composed of a 6 pieces that commonly go bad. How ever in my experience there is a 50 / 50 chance that it might be the MOSFET ( The chip that stores the internal software ) or one of the 6 pieces that come included in the it.
To be on the safe side I recommend you buy a ballast, search by part number & tv model. And choose a site with pictures, so you can compare the one you have with the one you are trying to buy.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

master2169

Postby master2169 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Yes but is this something I would be able to repair on my own and/or how much should one expect to reasonably pay a repair center to put in a new ballast. And could you be more specific about a website with the ballast for me to replace. The television is a dlp Panasonic PT-50LCX63. I have google for hours and I have yet to find a website that offers the ballast for my television.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 am

If you are looking a place to find a ballast try http://www.discount-merchant.com/ and search buy part number.
Replacing the ballast is fairly simple, you just have to disconnect it & dismount it); the real trick is getting to it (opening up the tv). That something you could do on you own. If your not to sure then get ready to shell out big bucks at the repair man. If you buy the ballast on you own you could save some money, but the truth being told, there is no standard of how much a technician might charge you for replacing a ballast. Its really up to them.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Panasonic Discussion”