panasonic pt52lcx16 will not turn on! no lights no

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
alimuh007

panasonic pt52lcx16 will not turn on! no lights no

Postby alimuh007 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 am

i have a panasonic pt52lcx16 and i have had to change the lamp about a year ago it has went out again and now it wont even turn on/ no lights no sound nothing im pretty handy and i do have a meter along with small screwdrivers i went ahead a checked the power cord by disconnecting it from the board and it is showing 120-vac to the board. it has a new lamp so at this point im not sure what to check

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: panasonic pt52lcx16 will not turn on! no lights no

Postby grayfox » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Hello!
If you were getting no other distortion or discoloration before it went out, I would consider replacing the lamp since it has been a year, it is not "new" truth is no aftermarket lamp lasts as as long as the original, the second trouble shooting step would be to replace the lamps ballast since it is the second most common consumable part issue with these TVs.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby BYO » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:20 pm

:roll: Sorry but there is not enough information to diagnose it properly.
If you have a new lamp and is not turning ON......

1.- Make sure bypass any surge protector, connect TV directly to the wall.
2.- Reset the lamp Timer on you TV, this can prevent a new lamp from working.
here are the instructions: http://www.fixyourdlp.com/manuals/Panas ... LA1001.pdf

If this doesnt work, please provide more info, such as any weird sounds, do you see the lamp glowing on the back?
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

dondo

Postby dondo » Wed May 11, 2011 5:22 pm

I have this same model Panasonic DLP. Have never changed the lamp (4 years) and never had a problem until 2 days ago, suddenly no power at all. There was never any indication from the lamp indicator light on the front and the picture was always fine.

I looked at the lamp, it looks okay, but is there a definite way to test?

Is there a fuse somewhere inside that may need replacing?

I've already tried connecting to other oultets within the house, no results.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby BYO » Fri May 27, 2011 6:55 pm

:shock: 4 years is a average lifespan for this lamps, in your case I would replace the lamp first..... or you can also try to reset the lamp timer to check if that makes the trick and force the lamp to start working again..... if it does, you still need to get a replacement lamp since it will fail at any given moment.

:!: To reset the lamp timer follow the instructions on this PDF file:
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/manuals/Panas ... LA1001.pdf

:arrow: U can get the lamp from our sponsors @:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Panaso ... 1&CartID=0

:geek: Good luck :)
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

mom2twoboys

Postby mom2twoboys » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi!
From reading the prior posts, it seems I need to replace my lamp. I have the Panasonic and there is no picture. When you turn the tv on it buzzes and then the light just flashes. is the lamp a difficult undertaking?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:20 pm

It is relatively easy to replace the lamp, you can find instructional videos by putting your lamp model number in youtube!

The buzzing sounds like you might have a Ballast issue, but I would suggest trying the lamp first...

Hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

lichi4243

Re: panasonic pt52lcx16 will not turn on! no lights

Postby lichi4243 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 pm

hi, so from reading these posts i figure my tv needed the lamp replaced. Its started prompting me that the lamp needed replacing like 2 months ago and now nothing... i came home after a big storm and it won't turn on, no buzz, no lights nothing. It was plugged into a high end surge protector and none of the other items that were plugged into the strip are damaged. So i ordered the new lamp since i read on here that was most likely the issue and now that i got the new one and replaced it... still nothing.... i was reading on the the other posts about the lamp ballast but cannot seem to find the part on the site ya'll suggested. any other links or ideas as to what may be wrong w/ the tv? :cry: :cry:

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Hello,

Well if it had a surge protector it could still have caused some damage to the power supply, ballast or lamp. The Tv does not power up at all? no chimes or any type of sounds not just buzzing ones?

lichi4243

Postby lichi4243 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:51 pm

thank for the reply, but to answer ur question, no sounds at all..... zip zilch.... :/ i did install the new lamp and still nothing.... it been unplugged now for 4 days and i tried it again today yet nada.... so what can i try next... i'm tryn to fix it myself before having to call a tv repair guy... i'm pretty good w/ electronics if guided well....plz help... i was searching for the ballast on the site that's been listed here but can't find the one for my tv....thank again for any help u can offer

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 pm

I am thinking you might need to replace the main power supply board if the TV is not responding at all, that storm must have surged the TV regardless of the protector you had...

Bhclark200

Where is the lamp located on the pt-52lcx16?

Postby Bhclark200 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:14 am

My lamp warning has been on for over a year I had order a new one but have no idea where the lamp is located or how to get to it can anyone help.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 pm

If you have this exact model, then you have to remove the entire front panel beneath the screen (uncovering the speakers). It snaps off... and there you will find the lamp door cover, make sure to fit the lamp in properly!

Return to “Panasonic Discussion”