panasonic pt-56dlx76 died without warning

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jimmy2
Contributor
Contributor

panasonic pt-56dlx76 died without warning

Postby jimmy2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:02 pm

This tv was a replacement for the panasonic pt-50lc13 which was part of the recall a few yeas back.
The tv was being used playing a Wii game and just shut off.
The bulb looks ok. No breakage of discoloration
When powering up the green light flashes several times and then a red light flashes a few times and the powers itself off. Then the lamp light flashes once every 5 seconds.
I took the bottom back cover off and cleaned out all the dust. Very very dusty. Clean now though.
I took the power supply out and inspected it and seen no blown caps diodes or chips.
Did the same to the ballast.
All fans turn on during the initial power up.
I do see the ballast illuminate a small component for a few seconds the it shuts off. Then tries a couple more times before it shuts itself off.
Im thinking bulb ready to go or weak ballast. Maybe a bit of both.
I have a new bulb on the way. wouldnt hurt to have a spare if thats not the problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: panasonic pt-56dlx76 died without warning

Postby grayfox » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:46 pm

hello jimmy,
I agree, it might be a bit of both. If the lamp has not been changed in over a year I'm thinking its most likely the lamp, however if you recently replaced the lamp with an original lamp, judging by the spark on the ballast, I think it might be time to change your ballast.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

jimmy2
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jimmy2 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Update
I received the new bulb and it works like new.
I just dont understand the warning light didnt indicate bad bulb, a solid lamp led indicates a bulb change
Single flash says call for service??
Well anyway it works well and I've learned alot researching :D

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:40 am

good for you! =) however keep an eye out for flickers on the screen or sudden dimness which would indicate a weak ballast +) glad to hear your tv is up and running
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Panasonic Discussion”