Panasonic DLP PT52LCX66 Won't turn on?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
QR3

Panasonic DLP PT52LCX66 Won't turn on?

Postby QR3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:09 am

I went over to my Mom and Dad's house to replace there lamp on there Panasonic DLP PT52LCX66 because of it going out. When I went to get the model number I noticed a green light was on by the power button. I quess I just did not think about it but I am quessing the TV was left on when the bulb blew. I unplugged the TV and installed the new lamp. I plugged the TV in and went to turn it on and it will do nothing. It seems to be getting no power. Do you think the power supply board went out? I took the back off and the board to me did not look bad but I am far from being any expert on TV's. Could it be somthing else? Where is a good place to buy parts for Panasonic DLP tv's? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Adam

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Panasonic DLP PT52LCX66 Won't turn on?

Postby grayfox » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Hello!

there's 2 parts (if you believe this to be a power issue) one is the main power supply board which is basically the one that plugs directly into the wall, then there's the lamp ballast which sole purpose is of generating the 15kV needed to power on the lamp (this is a very common problem) this part plugs directly onto the lamp if you follow the cables you will reach the ballast.

NOTE* sometimes both these parts are integrate don Panasonic's, it depends on the model year and assembly origin...

Hope this helps a bit.!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

QR3

Postby QR3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks for the info. Now I just need to buy a Panasonice Main supply board and lamp ballast. Any place that anyone suggest?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 pm

I would try the Ballast first, and make sure the TV is hooked directly to the wall.

I usually purchase my parts from www.discount-merchant.com you can even call in if youre not sure and they will find the part you need. :D
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Panasonic Discussion”