Panasonic PT-52LCX65-K HDTV

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Meseta

Panasonic PT-52LCX65-K HDTV

Postby Meseta » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:42 am

I have just replacing the 5 year old original lamp bulb because of the TV picture did not have enough light to see the true picture. When I replaced the lamp with a TY-LA1000 lamp (Manual lists a TY-LA100-K lamp) the TV turned on for a few minutes and all was fine with a great picture.

The Lamp Meter did not reset it's self. Before I could find out how to reset the lamp meter the TV shut off. It now cycles the green blinking light on the POWER button for several minutes then cycles red and shuts off. During these power up cycles the lamp does not heat up. I unplugged the TV from the wall socket for several minutes and tried it again, same result.

Is this more that a lamp issue or have I replaced with the wrong bulb?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Panasonic PT-52LCX65-K HDTV

Postby Crowell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Normally when the ballast start to fail it makes a constant clicking noise, another symptom is that you install a new lamp; it doesn’t have the wattage to turn it on.
There is no simple way to test the ballast; you would need take it out of the tv and have a special volt meter checking all of the voltage inputs and outputs for the correct voltage. If you know a reliable and honest technician tell him about this otherwise you’ll have to bit the bullet and take your chances with one you don’t know.
Knowledge is the one true power

Return to “Panasonic Discussion”