JVC HD56FH96 blue tinted picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
h2oskier62

JVC HD56FH96 blue tinted picture

Postby h2oskier62 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:41 pm

I bought this new in 2005 and have replaced the bulb about a year ago. A few days ago I turned on the TV and it ran for about 30 secs to 1 minute, then the screen went dark and the blue LED and power button were flashing. I went to this site and learned to unplug, wait and plug back in. It worked fine. A day or so later I had to do the same thing. This time however the picture has a slight blue tint but seems to be working normally otherwise. I have never cleaned out any dust inside the TV, only on the outside. Please don't yell at me I just found this site a few days ago and joined. I will be cleaning dust from fan blades and grills.

I called Discount Merchant and the "Tech" was not very impressive. After much repeating my TV and model #, (strong accent and seemingly out of breath like she had just run a mile) then she put me on hold to go ask someone else, she said I may need a DLP chip or a color wheel. They do not carry the color wheel but maybe would have the chip but would need the part number off the existing chip. I asked about replacing the lamp or ballast, she did not think that was the problem.

I have been impressed with the knowledge of this group and would appreciate some input and some help with diagnosis.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: JVC HD56FH96 blue tinted picture

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Hello,

Your JVC HD56FH96 is not a DLP rear projection TV. The technology used in your TV is LCOs or liquid crystal on silicone. This technology doesn't use a color wheel. Instead there are three chips that produce the color. One for red, One for green and another for blue. The blue chip might be needing replacement. This technology isn't as common as DLP or LCD so it might be harder to find the needed chip . This doesn't sound like a lamp issue at all. I would recommend a technician since lcos is not as common as DLP or LCD.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “JVC D-ILA Discussion”