JVC 52Z575 BLUE TINT AND SHADOWING CONTROVERSY

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
josephnewmexico

JVC 52Z575 BLUE TINT AND SHADOWING CONTROVERSY

Postby josephnewmexico » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Hello and thank you for listening. I have a JVC 52 HDILA TV. Here is the deal. I purchased the TV from a guy on Craigslist. It was working but had that blue tint problem. The picture is nice but there is too much blue and then there is a reverse shadowing in it. The picture I feel could have been brighter too. Anyway recently the bulb may have gone out becuase of the blinking light problem. Now one repair guy told me it could be the color wheel. There is a wheel there but I don't think its a color wheel. I took it apart and cleaned it and cleaned the blades on the fans and such. I Cleaned he bulb even if may have gone out. I didn't see any breakage in the bulb stem so I don't know. I do know its a cheap bulb. It is an LTI and I would like to get a philips or osram if I have to replace it. However another repairman told me it is a software issue in the unit. Which is the reason for the blue shadowing. Then another one told me that the color lens is not balanced due to the heat causing some sort of tape to come apart. So its one of the three. Please someone who really knows the JVC HDILA tvs help me lol. Has to be one of the three. Tell me this before I purchase a bulb. Tell me this so I can have some sort of ease. IS IT THE......

1. COLOR WHEEL
2. SOFTWARE ISSUE
3. ALIGNMENT OF ANY LENS OR ANYTHING PLASTIC WITH FACTORY TAPE ON IT THAT CAME OFF WITH HEAT.

There are ebay bulbs for $74.00 to $120.00 The philips I seen for $79.00 Some have housing and some don't. I will wear gloves when replacing the bulb out of the box and into the tv directly. I will also make sure I get a sealed box. I already know not to get finger oils on the bulb. That goes for any halogen bulb. I learned that long ago with one of those yellow construction lights that have that long skinny side to side bulb. Also does anyone know if they have an LED bulb that could take the place of the hot halogen bulb? This way the other fan wont kick on when the tv warms up and become as noisy. I know samsung did that upgrade bulb to some of their DLPs but I dont know the specifics. Sounds like the cooling fans in my cars during the summertime. Very hard to watch a movie that has to have silence see I have this tv in my bedroom. I have a panasonic in the living room which is very nice and wish this one was a panasonic.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: JVC 52Z575 BLUE TINT AND SHADOWING CONTROVERSY

Postby grayfox » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Hello Joseph,
The reason you are not finding a colorwheel is because this TV is an LCD RPTV! so there is none.
LED lamps might have not been a suitable replacement since Samsung is no longer making that TV model you mention.

The blueish tint on your screen is caused by excessive wear / defect in one of the 3 lcd chips (RGB) this most likely mean you will have to replace the optical block completely, I would not invest in a lamp just yet...
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “JVC D-ILA Discussion”