JVC HD-55G466 lamp LED rapid blink

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
msducheminjr

JVC HD-55G466 lamp LED rapid blink

Postby msducheminjr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:45 am

I got the above model for free on craigslist from somebody who didn't want to deal with fixing it. When I hit the power button, the blue power indicator will go on, the red lamp LED will blink slowly twice, and then the blue power light will go out and the red lamp LED will blink rapidly. I was wondering if anybody was familiar enough with the model to be able to diagnose the problem, and if so provide instructions for do-it-yourself repair. Thank you for reading, and I appreciate the help!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: JVC HD-55G466 lamp LED rapid blink

Postby grayfox » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Hello,
great find! has the TV ever turned on? do you know if the previous owner changed the lamp recently or what troubles they had with it?
If the TV just went out I would suggest putting in a new lamp and ballast since these are the two most common problems with RPTVs.
I would probably begin with the OEM lamp, and if it fails order a Ballast (runs under 100$) I am pretty sure this will get the TV up and running...

http://www.discount-merchant.com/JVC-TS ... &CartID=01

Hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

gravely

Re: JVC HD-55G466 lamp LED rapid blink

Postby gravely » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Anyone please help with the same exact problem?

Upon plug in outlet I do get many clicking sounds which last ~15-20 seconds.
During which there is also a corresponding "heartbeat" sound coming through the speakers.
(Very weird) Feedback from something, I guess.
Also, during initial start up there is NO fan activity.

I hate to just start buying ballast, bulb etc. as I don't think that is the problem.
I only have 69v to ballast, checked to live ground. (A/C line).
59v out of ballast.

I've searched many sights but it is an older TV.
I do have service manual which helps with flowcharts,
but no specific instructions on how to use them. e.g. "measure between x-y, value should be z".

Thanks in advance.

Return to “JVC D-ILA Discussion”