Bulb life on my JVC D-ILA HD-52Z585 TV?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
HunterZ
Contributor
Contributor

Bulb life on my JVC D-ILA HD-52Z585 TV?

Postby HunterZ » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:44 am

Does anyone know how to determine the bulb life on a HD-52Z585? The Self check method does not have any hex numbers to the bottome left and my D070 register is all zeros. My D071 register does change, but the formula for determining hours does not seem to be correct. I have the TS-CL110UAA part number for my lamp in case it matters.

Eddie

Re: Bulb life on my JVC D-ILA HD-52Z585 TV?

Postby Eddie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:41 pm

--

Eddie

BlackMustangGT

Postby BlackMustangGT » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:02 am

The lamp on my 61” JVC TV has 4539 hours, is that normal? Or do I need to buy a spare just in case?
Thanks in advanced.
Michel

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:38 am

BlackMustangGT,
You are a fortunate man! You have one of the newer JVC's that used the newer PHILIPS brand TS-CL110UAA lamps. Normally the JVC lamps are very sensitive and last only 2500 hours or so. I would buy a spare immediately just to prevent a TVLess weekend! Overnight shipping can get expensive in situations like this.

I always recommend Discount-Merchant for lamps... Our service center has been buying their lamps and parts from them for 2-3 years now and we couldn't be happier with the quality and service of the products. I would avoid fly-by-night companies. Buy from an Authorized Philips dealer so you know that you are not getting a refurbished, old stock, or generic product.

Here is a link directing you the right way:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/JVC-D- ... aa-new.htm

You may save a few bux buying a generic product, but you will end up changing the lamp out every 6 months. Even if the company offers you a 5-year warranty on a generic lamp, i would be careful! These companies do not stick around... especially in this economy. Protect your investment!

Macheteman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Macheteman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:21 am

I have already replaced a few lamps & had the Optical Engine changed under extended retailer warranty.

What I've learned about the lamps on these type of TVs (I have an HD-61Z585) is that WARM UP and COOL DOWN cycles are the most critical factors to bulb life.

Power outages are absolutely devastating to these bulbs. Outages can easily take anywhere from 150-350 hours off the bulb's life, per outage. Changing channels during the WARM UP cycle (especially from HD to SD), can also shorten the life of the bulb.

On the other hand, if you insure that the bulbs NEVER suffer an outage, combined with disciplined WARM UP cycles, you can increase the life of the bulb, going well beyond JVC's (or bulb manufacturer) estimated lamp life.

Buy a UPS for your TV and receiver. I have a DirecTV HR21 with my JVC and my bulbs are going well past 6000 hours.

A UPS runs $40, a bulb runs $120. It's a smart investment.

Return to “JVC D-ILA Discussion”