Acer 6510 projector

General forum rules of conduct and introductions and information on how to set your avatar.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Countymike
Contributor
Contributor

Acer 6510 projector

Postby Countymike » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:07 pm

First of wanted to say high to all....yes i have a 6510 projector and have a problem.....bulb was coroison on it so ordered a new one..cleaned everything put new buld in turned it on and it just flasshed and turned off.would not power up at all for weeks...i unpluged buld and it seems to go thru its cycle,fan comes on etc..like its good to go...pluged bulb in and red flashes for a few and turns off...wont turn back on....going to try again this week to see if will fire up....any sugestions...thanks for reading....not real familar with the site yet and searched under acer and i i saw was a post about black spot

Countymike
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Acer 6510 projector

Postby Countymike » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Was going to buy a new bulb.but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas....ps. acer support sucks

Countymike
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Countymike » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:02 am

Did i post in the correct area....

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello,

It's possibe your ballast is no longer putting out the voltage the lamp needs to ignite or remain lit. This is the component that power the lamp. These components are consumable so eventually they will need replacing. Keep in mind a weak ballast can power a old lamp but not a new one thats because a new lamp requires more power than an old one. The ballast is also the second most common part to fail apart from the bulb. I'm sorry I cant guarantee you this is your problem but it is a good possibility.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Countymike
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Countymike » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Thanks for the reply...thought i posted in wrong area as i had no responses...thanks again and will try

Return to “Greeting”