WD-60737

General forum rules of conduct and introductions and information on how to set your avatar.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
EdRod
Contributor
Contributor

WD-60737

Postby EdRod » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:22 am

Greetings To All, my WD-60737 developed a loud fan bearing noise, the fan failed, the lamp filed. I installed an after market lamp and lamp cooling fan. Still no picture. I purchased a new factory ballest. Now I have sound for about three minutes no picture then sound drops out. The red light in front blinks constantly. I reset activity and down buttons. sound comes back no picture. Then sound drops and no picture, any help will be appreciated.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: WD-60737

Postby ChubbsTech » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:29 am

Hello,

Keep in mind that your television has a color wheel which if failing won't allow for the lamp to ignite. Basically the ballast never gets the signal to send the voltage to ignite the lamp. The color wheel came to mind when you mentioned a loud fan bearing noise. A lot of times people assume it's a fan when in reality it's the color wheel which will eventually need to be replaced . It's a consumable part and will only last so long. I would check the color wheel they will definitely make a loud bearing noise this is usually always a sign that it needs to be replaced. Please advise if the color wheel can be ruled as the culprit but from what you describe I believe there is a god chance for that being the problem.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

EdRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EdRod » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:08 pm

To CubbsTech from EdRod, great information, I'll check the color. Thanks again, EdRod

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:33 am

Hello,

Your welcome EdRod. Let me know how it went. Hopefully we can get this TV up and running at the lowest cost possible of course.

Best Regards,

EdRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EdRod » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Greetings ChubbsTech, I removed the color wheel from my MITSUBISHI WD-60737 and sure enough as you knowledgeably stated I found the color wheel was hitting what I believe to be a tach. sensor? Just for my own farmer inside me thing I removed the color wheel and cleaned and lubed the sleeve bearing on the color wheel until it spun very easily. However the sensor keeps rubbing the inside rear half of the wheel. Can you tell me what the clear piece of plastic under the wheel is? I have repaired other appliances that have the same type of sensor that detects movement, kind of like a tachometer sensor. I ordered a new color wheel. What concerns me is the see through sensor is damaged by the color wheel rubbing the see through plastic. I am going to try to clean it and polish it up and hopefully its not another part I have to order. I know wishful thinking but to me its worth a try so says the farmer in me.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:41 pm

Hello EdRod,

I believe what your talking about is the window where the light shines thorough the wheel. I could be mistaken but if you can provide images that would be helpful. If you ordered the wheel with the housing I believe you don't have anything to worry about. Still keep me updated but I believe with the new wheel you will be fine.

Best Regards,

EdRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EdRod » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:30 am

Greetings ChubbsTech,

Yes that makes sense. The plastic rectangular item the color wheel was rubbing on as you have stated would be the light bar that passes through the color wheel palet. Yes that makes sence. Thanks again. Great information. Onward and upward. peace out!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello EdRod,

You are welcome ! Have a good weekend !

Regards,

EdRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EdRod » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Grretings ChubbsTech,

Ok recieved my color wheel and installed it and YYYAAAHHHOOOOOOOOO the picture came on. you were correct it was my color wheel. I just have what would seems to be a small issue. I have a shadow at the top of the picture. On the right top of the screen it is smaller then gets larger on the left side of picture only on the top half of the picture. The trailing edge of the shadow has a very light rainbow. I did not see an ajustment for the color wheel. It went together like clock work. Just that see though shadow at the top if the picture. Any thoughts or past experiences. Thanks for the professional help you have so kind to help me it has helped me to get this beast up and running!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:52 am

Hello EdRod,

It sounds like your light tunnel could be needing adjustment. Please check out the link I am providing. It's a YouTube video which shows how to make this adjustment. I believe this should help. Please let me know how it turns out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7nTQzVUNM

Regards,

EdRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EdRod » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:24 am

Greetings ChubbsTech,

Roger-That! Thank you

Return to “Greeting”