New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

General forum rules of conduct and introductions and information on how to set your avatar.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Eddie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Postby Eddie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Make some friends... introduce yourself!

**please remember to keep your personal information private! no one should ever ask for or give out any sort of uber private personal stuff like social security number, home telephone number, street address, or your dog's favorite treat!

Hi, I'm your friendly neighborhood moderator, Eddie. I work in television repair and help to run the FixYourDLP.com website with my friend Annabelle.
--

Eddie

ServicePro
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: New to the forum? Introduce yourself!

Postby ServicePro » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Hey Guys...I'm Stephen, a local one man shop/tech in Ventura, California. This is a nice community and I think you guys are on to something great! I would love to participate and getting as many people educated as possible. Just like open-source software, I think we need to stop thinking like we're in the stone edge and start sharing information...yes, I'm a tech making my living from repairs, but that doesn't mean I should hold what I know as top secret information. We should be able to share and exchange ideas like a civilized society...theres plenty of work out there and I'm sure not everyone what's to be their own handy man. And for those that are DIYers, more power to you :)

For those that have no clue, give it to a pro, it will cost you less, TRUST ME!

anyway, if you guys need more moderators, let me know!

WesternDigital
Contributor
Contributor

Postby WesternDigital » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:18 am

Cool site, lots of great information!

-WesternDigital
Austin, TX

jeffyb
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffyb » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:01 am

I'm Jeff. I'm a student. Help me with my tv problem please!

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Jake » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey whats up, I'm Jake.

I'm a student and i hope I can help you guys with some problems.
I'm not an expert but i have some knowledge with DLP TV's.

oh...and music is my LIFE :D
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

oldtech
Contributor
Contributor

Postby oldtech » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Hello All,

As my ID implies, I'm an old techy type who worked on TV and sound equipment back in the 1950's, however, my career took a different path. I still dabble in repairing my own equipment
when it's within my reach. I subscribe to the belief that a little knowledge can be dangerous. And I don't use the "Karate Chop" method of repair as some of my customers did before I received their equipment, although they swore it had merit for loose connections.

redman3170
Contributor
Contributor

Postby redman3170 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:05 pm

I wanted to say hello to everyone!

Number5

Postby Number5 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi what a great site, I own a Samsung HLP6163W and when the color wheel went I decided to become a member.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Nice to have everyone on board here (pun intended).
--

Eddie

steven

Postby steven » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:31 pm

:ugeek: hello my name is steven, i have a dlphd tv with what looks like white dots forming everywhere, can someone tell me how to fix the problem. i read? saw on (you tube) that samsung used faulty parts is this true

rudyman

Postby rudyman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:46 am

Hello all this loooks like a great site my name is Roger glad i found this site i have a problem with my Panasonic dlp shutting off it would shut off about 4 or 5 time then stay on all day now it shuts down every 10 to 15 min can anyone help me

SpecalK
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SpecalK » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:45 am

My name is Kelsy, I am just some old guy wanting to work on my tv that is broken. I do however run a ford dealership so if I can help in any way in that respect I will. When I do something to my tv I will post to let people know if it worked or not. This is a great place for info. I hope I can contribute to everyones satifaction. Thanks

Xploitz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Xploitz » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:17 am

Hi. -=Xploitz=- here.

I'm here for reasons like many others, Samsung DLP issues. I inherited a $3000 TV that, (for the moment) is just a 100 lb paper weight! :p

I'm an HVAC tech by trade who specializes in Domestic and Commercial Refrigeration. I plan on learning what I can and helping out others along the way and maybe even to stay here a while...maybe more. Who knows! :D

Any rate....Well met everyone!!

omjaco

Postby omjaco » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi, to Eddie and the gang. I am a non techie who live in the Island of Trinidad who has learnt to fix things for himself because of the unreliability and unprofessionalism of some of our "professional" technicians who have not kept abreast of the technology.
So, as I am having some issues with my Mitsubishi WD-52525, I found your site, and the rest is history. However, i am seeing so many complaints about Samsung sets when i thought Mitsubishi were the most problematic! As a matter of fact, I am currently considering purchasing a Samsung LCD-LN52B750. (Is it a good buy as against the other manufacturers?).
May I state my problem here: This Mitsubishi set shut down for lamp and service. I bought the new lamp and changed all the capacitors required that had failed. The set then started to work for a few minutes but only on input ports (not off air). When I took off the set and it never came back on. The solid red light is on constantly nagging me. This suggest that it is the lamp, so i again bought a new lamp and walla! no change! Oh, before all of this I had disabled the keys on the set and was using the remote only.
I shall appreciate some help.

Many thanks.
Oscar

Xploitz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Xploitz » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:09 pm

devira
Contributor
Contributor

Postby devira » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Hello everyone, I'm from Trinidad (West Indies) My dad is the Tech, but I submit the questions for him. This website is great, being the first one to actually respond to a question I asked, so you can understand my excitement!!! Thanks alot!

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:48 pm

We're glad to have people from all over the world!
--

Eddie

guitarman051
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guitarman051 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:18 am

Well hello everyone I am Howard from Southern Ca. This is kinda normal here now in the USA lack of jobs. Worked in automotive area in the high end car field writing sevice. I have been off work for 2 1/2 years guessing no wants a 56 year old male so I am getting ready to do my own thing and one is electronics repair since I have been buying items not working, repairing them and reselling the item. I have been looking at instructional video sites and others, but this is the site that I think is really needed for everyone. I do beleive in team work and hope all of use can working as a team to solve lifes kittle BS :o stuff, :lol:.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:20 pm

hello everybody, I am a marketing student and I love technology, I have tons of friends in the electronics field who have a wide array of experience and as my mentors, I am here to share what I have learned!
Cheers! :mrgreen:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

larryokiscout
Contributor
Contributor

Postby larryokiscout » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Hey all, larryokiscout here, call me Larry, if you please. I'm a Security Guard, dabble in higher technology, and love to help others help themselves. Like others on here, I found this website due to a problem with my TV, and I think this is absolutely a necessary site, and should be a model to other sites around the net of how repair info should be shared. Open Source FTW! :twisted:
No trees where harmed to bring you this message, however, a number of electrons were severely misplaced.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby darkart77 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Really cool site, very informative. To people that post questions. Please be specific even if it takes you a couple more lines here or minutes. Apparently we all like to help out, So... Help yourself by helping the techs here.
Welcome people :mrgreen:

marellano7

Postby marellano7 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Hello my name is Mark from Texas. This webiste looks like it's full of knowledge and ppl like me who have an issue with Samsung TV (bulb, ballast, video inputs, etc). I have a Samsung DLP HLP4667 that won't give me picture even thought everything sounds normal when I turn it on. The bulb comes on just fine but I noticed the flashing Standby/Temp red light comes on then the TV turns off. This happened after I unplugged tv for a few hrs to re-arrange room b/c I had new furniture to setup for my wife.

Any help would be appreciated....

Mark

haelym

Postby haelym » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:14 pm

dannyamy02

Postby dannyamy02 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:31 pm

hi. first time into a forum so not sure what to say or do.
but i got a mitsubishi wd-62327 and my lamp has went out for the second time in less than 4 years.
wanted to c if there was a better lamp i could put in so it would be brighter and last longer
current one is a 915p020010

ProjectOmega
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ProjectOmega » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Juan, however online, I also go by Omega. I found this place through Google while searching for ways to fix my DLP television set, so right off the back, I think I'm on the right website. I'm new to this forum and would love to learn a lot from you guys in regards to higher end televisions, such as repair, tips, tricks, and when it comes time to upgrade, what to look out for in my new purchase.

I'm no stranger to electronic's repair, as I've been doing my own tinkering for years albeit have no real training in the field. I'm a quick learner and what brings me to this forum is mainly my Samsung HLT-507-6SX/XAA DLP TV.

I've had trouble with it in the past, but when it was under warranty, all of the power troubles I was having have been repaired. Now that it's no longer under warranty, I either have to fix it myself which would be awesome, or chuck it away since it's not usable for the things I normally would do on a screen that size (gaming). At this point, I'm going to buy a replacement TV (so far I'm really interested in LED TV's) but I would like to learn how to repair my 50" DLP and perhaps donate it to my parents...

Well, that's the who, what, where, why, and how I'm here. Hope to see you around :)

attitude90240

WD-57733, CODE 3-6 WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Postby attitude90240 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:38 pm

hello everybody!

I have a Mitsibishi WD-57733, That will turn on and then off. the status like shows the code 3-6. Does anybody know what that means? i would greatly appreciate anyone who can lend me a hand.

thanks

lalinzki
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lalinzki » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi guys and gals. I'm lalinzki and I live in A.A. Mi. Well I just want to say that I love this forum for being informational and also for trying to help find parts for "Samsung" or other ones. I have a HL-R5067W for 3 days and I can take it apart. I always love fixing things specially things that I never fix before. I would like to share my personal information about my product as well as visual walkthroughs for people to and hopefully they'll will learn anything from it and not spend as much as we can since economy is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD :x :x :x .

Thank You 8-)
"My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush."

DER

Postby DER » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:26 am

Hello everyone, Glad I found this forum....my Infocus SP61MD10 has an issue, hoping to find a fix. I am in the technical fields....BMET for 7 years....IT for the last 14 years..

Dave

Bubby
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bubby » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Hello, posted a message in the Samsung forum where a guy had same issue as I did. Post said it was being moderated, then has never appeared.

What's the issue?

shahsam1
Contributor
Contributor

Postby shahsam1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 am

Hi,

Sam Shah from Knoxville, TN.We got Samsung DLP 61 inch TV. While removing the color wheel, the Dector switch broke off. Google search guide me to this great site. By reviewing the some of the problem and suggested solutions, I am very impressed. In addition, by reading the solutions I find out great site http://www.Discount-merchant.com. they had the switch with picture. I will send an email to my friends who own DLP tvs. Thank you guys for having tallented site. :)

teamgetmoney

Postby teamgetmoney » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:41 pm

hello everyone my name is rob. hopefully someone can help get this tv figured out and then maybe i could repay them with some information or knowledge i have come upon. anyways thanks a head a time guys (& girls).

Scott
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:58 am

Hello, my name is Scott. Im new to the site and after stumbling upon it, it seems like these folks are the most friendly and helpful out there so i joined. I posted what i thought was a legit issue with my samsung DLP only to receive an email saying it was denied because i was trying to sell a web site or some other product????? please help. thank you and nice to meet you all.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Hello scott,
The admin sometimes flags posts by certain key words that are spam, it must have mistakenly fallen into that category, :roll: :oops:
not the first time this has happened, feel free to post again!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby BYO » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Guys and Gal's,

My name is Edgar BYO, and I love any technical analysis. Its ALL ABOUT the PHYSICS. And will really like to share my knowledge in DLP's with others, since I believe in paying forward and love helping people. Now in this days getting the TV check by a service center might cost $50 to $100, which is very good for gas money :lol: . We will really try to save you that money if we can diagnose your issues in this forum.

See yah..... Godspeed...!!
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

Colorado
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Colorado » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:58 am

Hello Colorado here tech head for years now

jeepboy45
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeepboy45 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:53 am

Hi everyone. My name is Brian, living in sunny FLA...
I have a dlp which is becomng a headache for me.
This site seems really cool. I consider myself to be mechanically inclined, with good deductive reasoning. But I am still learning about DLP's and their issues....
Hopefully I can get some information and possibly share some things I have learned along the way. I've already tried to post a tech question in the Samsung forum but it hasnt come up yet for some reason.

thanks, brian

jeepboy45
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeepboy45 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi all..
hope to get info here, and give assistance when I can..

thanks,

reagan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby reagan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Hello,

I have recently started my own business selling refurbished electronics in the New York area, and I realized quick that projection televisions are not only very accessible for DIY repairs, but big screens with great picture come at a more economic price tag. I have 20 yrs experience in electronic appliance sales and am recently branching out to "refurbish" and fix some of the bad products I get before sale.

It seems like this forum is packed with helpful information. Hope to chat with the community soon!
"There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers..."

-Ronald Reagan

KEENLALOU2
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby KEENLALOU2 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi All,

KevinS, new to the forum, here. I am recently retired (well not that recently and truly released/terminated from INTEL in Arizona, USA - with less than 40 days to go for full retirement [I felt really bad until I heard about two who were recently released with 3 days to go]).

So, I have a bit more time available to work on some things like 2005 Samsung DLP TV (an HL R6168WX/XXA with a light engine number 61B; L680 61”-050809-18) that recently got the dreaded 6 inch black shadow of light tunnel death on the left side of the screen.

looks like lot of good data here

I will post my conundrums soon.

Best

DrClone

Postby DrClone » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Hello!

I just got into projectors and had a problem with my first one! So I came over here to get some help if possible.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:06 pm

Hello and welcome! I am sure someone out there will be able to help you out, there are a lot of talented technicians in our forum.

mike98

Postby mike98 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi guys, Mike98 here. I am trying to fix my Toshiba DLP 52HM84 and have not had great success. First time blogger, and first time tv repair attempt. Please help. I have purchased a new lamp - that did not work. Then I soldered 5 new parts onto the ballast PCB. Luckily I didn't break anything(I don't think) because the TV still trys to start. When I turn it on i can hear the power start to spool up but the image never projects. I am at a loss.

THANKS!!

ajguru

Postby ajguru » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:14 am

Hello! All, I am ajguru (non techie) new to the forum. I have a Samsung dlp HLS6167(01/2007). Screen would go blank (sound on) while watching, front lights blinking.

Assuming it is the lamp, I ordered & replaced it with new Philips lamp. problem still exists!!,when unit turned on first time will work fine for 30-40mins before screen goes blank, when it goes blank, i hear a buzzing sound.

I found you all!!:-).......I reset the lamp hours to zero (was 18659). Still does the same!!....Please help!!:-( could be the color wheel?

Thank you All in advance!

Replica101

Postby Replica101 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and quite new to DLP TV's. I picked up an older Samsung and have a couple of questions that I'm hoping an expert will be able to answer for me :-)

Thanks in advance, experts!

Return to “Greeting”