60PL9200D37 Philips issues

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
godzira10

60PL9200D37 Philips issues

Postby godzira10 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi, I have a Philips 60PL9200D37 tv that this morning, when I turned it on, powered up, displayed a picture with sound for about 30 seconds and then went dark. However, sound remained. Also, the red bulb indicator came on. It didn't blink or flash, just stayed on. I turned the tv off and then back on a few times with the same result. Even unplugged it from the wall. I pulled the bulb housing out just to give it a quick look over before ordering a new one. After looking it over, I replaced the bulb housing and put everything back together so as not to lose any screws or anything. I turned the tv back on just hoping that maybe it would be working. Nope, didnt work. And now, I hear a loud humming sound coming from the tv. Humming sound goes away after the screen goes dark. All the fans are working but the sound seems to be coming from the fan to the right (when looking straight at the tv from the back side) of the bub housing. New bulb has been ordered and is on it's way. Any thoughts about my hum? Thanks.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: 60PL9200D37 Philips issues

Postby grayfox » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:39 pm

hello,
I would check the fans first given that you did not mention any discoloration or distortion, if they all seem to be working properly this is most probably a Colorwheel issue. The humming you get might indicate it is not shattered but lost calibration and hum when spinning, when it can spin no longer or heats up and stops, the DMD board recognizes this and shuts down the TV. I would recommend you taking a look into the colorwheel.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Philips LCOS Discussion”