Toshiba 44HM85 Picture Problems (Not coming)

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ankit
Contributor
Contributor

Toshiba 44HM85 Picture Problems (Not coming)

Postby ankit » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:41 am

Recently we received lot of picture related complaints for the Toshiba 44HM85 like some portion of the screen brighter than other portions, no picture coming up, or tv not turning on at all.

So here is the gist of possible solutions:

1) If your TV is not turning up at all, check the number of lamp hours. If you already have around 2000-2500 hours, then it is most likely a lamp issue. At this time you should probably have a spare lamp at your disposal coz you might need anytime soon.

2) Light engine is another common problem with the Toshiba 44HM85 televisions. When your screen has disproportionate brightness, the first thing you might want to replace is light engine. This can be a color wheel problem too but so far we have encountered mostly light engine problems. Most problem resolutions differ from case to case, so let us help you to troubleshoot before you replace any tv part.

You can find great deals on both original lamps as well light engine on Discount-merchant.com. They carry original lamps at very cheap prices and have a great customer service.

If you have any other specific problems or questions, do let us know. We will try our best to provide best solution and save your $$$$.

DaveGinSD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Toshiba 44HM85 Picture Problems (Not coming)

Postby DaveGinSD » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 am

I have a question, what type of problems could one experience form an ageing lamp, I'm not referring to problems with the ballast or lamp powering up specifically I'd like to know if there can be any image related issues. I know with age the picture will dim, but aside from that, what other problems could be caused if any? If so, got any pictures?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Toshiba 44HM85 Picture Problems (Not coming)

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:02 pm

Hello DaveGinSD.
There are not many picture related symptoms of a ageing lamp. Here are the ones I know of.
1.- No picture, only sound.
2.- Diming picture, until screen goes black.
3.- Flickering lamp, then the tv goes to a black screen.

When there are other problems with the picture & the TV remains on it’s normally another component other than the lamp.

Here is a detailed post about these symptoms and probable causes.
Hope this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”