Class action lawsuit against Toshiba for DLP TVs?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
WereDOOMED
Contributor
Contributor

Class action lawsuit against Toshiba for DLP TVs?

Postby WereDOOMED » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Has anyone seen this...

The national law firm of Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, is investigating consumer complaints concerning Toshiba DLP® high definition television sets. According to press reports, consumers have submitted complaints that the lamps installed in the DLP televisions burn out prematurely. Some TV owners have reported that the lamp burned out within a few months of purchase. The replacement cost of the lamp for a high definition TV can exceed $500.
Consumer Legal Rights

State and federal consumer protection laws provide consumers with remedies for products that do not perform as advertised or that were defectively designed or manufactured, even after the warranty period has expired. In many consumer protection cases, the cost of prosecuting individual lawsuits for each consumer is prohibitive.

The law, however, does not leave the consumer powerless. Individual consumers may band together in a class action lawsuit, thereby representing all consumers who purchased the allegedly defective product. Thus, a class action can provide an effective means for consumers to force a corporation to acknowledge its legal responsibilities and provide monetary relief to all members of the class.
Submit Your Complaint Concerning Toshiba DLP TVs

(I found this on a law firm's website)

Eddie

Re: Class action lawsuit against Toshiba for DLP TVs?

Postby Eddie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:57 pm

--

Eddie

charliedavidsonlaw

Postby charliedavidsonlaw » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Man, wish i was able to come by this information a 2 years ago.. I ended up throwing away the damn thing.. oh well..
[url=http://www.rotlaw.com]Mass Tort Litigation Lawyers[/url]

charliedavidsonlaw

Postby charliedavidsonlaw » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Man, wish i was able to come by this information a 2 years ago.. I ended up throwing away the damn thing.. oh well..
[url=http://www.rotlaw.com]Mass Tort Litigation Lawyers[/url]

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:06 pm

I know right? there are some Sony ones that are still active... :shock:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”