Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
adezan
Contributor
Contributor

62MX195

Postby adezan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:49 am

Hi all,

Here is the issue with my television. The top half of the screen is perfect, but the bottom half is messed up. You can still see whats on tv on the bottom half but it looks as if there is a strange haze with gray and black lines in it covering visibility of that part.

Is this the Light Engine telling me i need replace it?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: 62MX195

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Hello adezan.
There is a strong possibility there is something wrong with the DMD board, let me explain why.
First of all you are getting picture, which means the lamp, ballast & power supply board are working fine. Next is the half perfect picture. That means that the video & analog are transmitting adequately. So the only things left are the DMD or the Light engine. How ever we can discard the light engine since the bottom half has (distorted) picture and not a black shadow which is normally related to a collapsed light engine. And since the only board that is in change of controlling the image projected by segments is the DMD that sums up my problem deduction.
Of course I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.
Here is a link about the Toshiba light engine, and you’ll be able to see the DMD board in photos 3 trough 5.
Good luck, and keep me posted.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

adezan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby adezan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:37 pm

so basically since only the bottom half is messed up, it is unlikely it is the light engine. If the light engine was bad, the entire screen would be messed up?

is that board obtainable by itself? and also the there is no hyperlink in your last post.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Hello again adezan.
Woops, sorry about that. Here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1289
And yes, that is correct; a bottom half black screen would mean a collapsed light engine (the mirrors might have fallen off).
That that we have narrowed down the problem lays another dilemma. How to get it. First of all, it is unlikely (but not impossible) to buy a DMD board. Most of the websites that sell parts, sell the entire light engine, some with DMD, some with color wheel, some with both.
Another tip is to look buy part number & model number. Look for websites with photos of the parts there are selling, do not trust a lone description.
Good luck, and keep me posted.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

adezan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby adezan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:59 am

is it possible that it is something as simple as a broken solder joint on the DMD board? or is it more likely to be a Capacitor or integrated chip

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”