62HM196 Loud Buzz No Picture Blocks on sides

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bartowmichele

62HM196 Loud Buzz No Picture Blocks on sides

Postby bartowmichele » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:44 pm

I've been reading all of the Toshiba forums, and I can't seem to find my exact situation.

When I plug in my TV, I get the following lights:
3 Amber, 3 Amber, 3 Amber, 2 Amber, 1 Amber, Blue

Then I have a loud buzz/hum. The screen is all black with some light blocks on the side.

I removed the back cover, and blew it out with air. The lamp is good (I've replaced several). I don't believe it's any of the fans that I can see (but it does sound like a noisy fan).

I've attached a picture of the screen. Any idea?
Attachments
Dscf0071.jpg
Dscf0071.jpg (152.71 KiB) Viewed 6384 times

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: 62HM196 Loud Buzz No Picture Blocks on sides

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Hello bartowmichele.
Its sounds like you have a broken color wheel. My suggestion is that you physically inspect it. Normally when you hear a buzzing or humming noise it’s either a fan that has something stuck, or a shattered color wheel. So before you proceed any more we need to discard that possibility. To locate it, here is a small reference guide so you can get an idea. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1315
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

bartowmichele

Postby bartowmichele » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks for the reply. The color wheel is broken. Will I have to replace the entire light engine? Is it possible to replace only the color wheel? If so, do you know what a compatible part number would be? So far, the light engines are running about $400.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:01 am

Hello again bartowmichele.
I did a quick search on D-M.com found that they have light engines running from $280 to $330 http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... or%20wheel , but no bear color wheel, I suggest you try searching by part number & TV model, try searching also on ebay.com
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”