Black & White

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ISPEED
Contributor
Contributor

Black & White

Postby ISPEED » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:02 pm

i have a Toshiba 72MX196 that i bought new in 2007, i used it for about 1.5 years and then we moved and the TV has been in storage for the last 1.5 years , so yesterday i picked it up from storage cleaned the screen plugged in my sat reciever fired her up and all i get is a black & white picture, its not a problem with the satelite as the onscreen toshiba menus are also black and white, i also connected my DVD player and of course its black and white as well, there are no buzzing sounds or warning codes flashing the tv seams to be functioning fine except there is no color, is there a color wheel or something that can cause this? i removed the lamp , then i removed the back of the tv and as far as i can tell there are no visible loose wires, and all of the fans that i can see are spinning freely, any help would be very appreciated. thankyou :D

ISPEED
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Black & White

Postby ISPEED » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:38 pm

anyone know where i can get the light engine cheap? the price i got from the Toshiba Canada parts supplier is $ 493.00 for a complete new light engine

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi ISPEED

I think that this is the colorwheel, do tried to clean the tv with a compressed air can and then the vacum cleaner? good luck :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

ISPEED
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ISPEED » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:35 pm

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi

Well i see that this is a DLP tv, they have a colorwheel which is the one that gives the color to the processed picture in the light engine, so the colorwheel is the only part that handles the color if you see altered images or bars or lines it is the DMD board or light engine in this case you mentioned that the only problem is the color (black and white) so that's why i recommend you to clean it first of all :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”