56hm195 sound but no picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ChillyVee

56hm195 sound but no picture

Postby ChillyVee » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello all.

Apologies if there's a post somewhere about this, but I didn't see the exact issue.

My TV turns on; there is sound but no picture. After a few seconds, the TV shuts off and restarts (again no picture, but sound). This process repeats until I power it down.

I have heard it's the lamp, but could be the ballast. If I carefully remove the lamp, would I be able to tell if the lamp is burnt and needs replacing?

If it is not the lamp, how do I test the ballast?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Steve

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: 56hm195 sound but no picture

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi Steve,

If the lamp is really old it might just show signs of wear, one cannot test these for continuity because they have none.. Now the lamp can be shattered inside the filament..

The balast generates about 5-15kV ignition charge so I would not take a multi meter to it!!! but if you have had the lamp replaced with an original it depends if you have put in more than 2000 hrs on it..

The ballast is a popular part in this model which is why they sell them online everywhere!..

I would begin with replacing the lamp if you have not done so in a year or more. Because at the en d of the day you will have to do so anyways soon. I recommend a Philips brand lamp I always say this because it works for my clients.

Hope this helps
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”