65hm167 tv, yellow lamp light

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mcmjspitz
Contributor
Contributor

65hm167 tv, yellow lamp light

Postby mcmjspitz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:39 pm

When I try to turn my TV with the remote, the blue light comes on, like it's trying to start, then the lamp light blinks yellow three times continuously.it never starts. If i unplug it for 30 seconds then try it again it turns on fine. Six months ago i replaced the ballast, then 2 days ago the lamp popped, and I replaced it. Any help is appreciated.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: 65hm167 tv, yellow lamp light

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:35 pm

Hello,

Since the ballast was replaced not too long ago we will assume the ballast is working fine. Another component that if failing won't allow the lamp to make the attempt to ignite is the color wheel. Color wheel's if they are starting to fail will sometimes make a whirling type sound which I would check to see if this is something that your color wheel is making . If so i would definitely suspect the color wheel as the issue. Also be sure that the lamp door is fully closed. Sounds like you recently replaced the lamp. Any covers that might have been removed need to go back where they were otherwise the TV won't make the attempt to come on. Please let us know how it went and let us know of any questions or concerns you might have.

regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”